Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2014, 12:25 AM
Aviak

Default Do magical skill levels/character stats help "prolong"/affect specific spells?

Hey guys, I had been asking this question in game, hearing mostly one sided responses, but I just wanted to open it up in the forums to clarify.

As a druid, I am casting Superior Camo. (the invis spell)

Sometimes, when I port people to DL, they ask for levitate/invis. So i happily do so and send them on their way, however, sometimes I will get a tell saying "Invis wore off already".

In a few instances I have gotten "Your divinity must be low because invis wore off quickly."

So...the other night I was asking around, does your level of divinity (or any skill that is associated with "invisible") increase the chances of the invisible spell not breaking early?

Most people said that your skill level does not matter, it only matters for fizzle rates.

So what I assume then is, a lvl 1 skill divinity character that cast Superior Camo (invis) compared to a max skill level divinity character that casts Superior Camo has the exact same chances of the buff lasting/not lasting. (Same character level, even though I doubt a level 36 druid would have 1 in their divinity skill)

I am just curious about this, or any other spell for that matter such as levitate, or maybe even a DoT.

--------------------------

While on the discussion of spell length and "skills", beyond just skills, will a spell last longer if say...you have a higher intelligence, or perhaps charisma/wisdom?

Example: I charm an animal as a druid. Will a higher wisdom cause the spell to last longer (or charisma for maybe a bard/enchanter)? OR/AND Will your "divination" skill level (or whatever skill charm animal uses) increase your chances/allow the charm to last longer?

OR...is everything just random?

I heard a higher charisma for an enchanter/bard will allow your charms/mezs to last longer, but I may be mistaken, maybe it is just so the spell will have "less resists"...or maybe it just affects the fizzle rate?

---------

Now one more leap, since we are talking about resists. Will your "divination skill" (or evocation..ect..ect..) give you less resists on a mob if it is maxed compared to if it is at 1? (same with casting a DoT/DD spell) does your skill level matter?

And while on that :P...do your stats matter? (IE, higher intelligence leads to less resists, or higher charisma leads to less resists?)

-----------

Don't feel you have to do full explanations of everything, any information will help! Thanks!