Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Zlandicar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4SQtViIp00
  1. His AE stun isn't behaving classicly. View 2:18 in the video. You will see "Quadzilla staggers with intense pain" and he is slain by Zlandicar. He is the ONLY one who gets this message. It also happens to be the ONLY time this message is seen in his chat window throughout the fight

Quote:
    Stun Breath
    Stuns target for 12.0 (L1) seconds
    Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 900 (L1)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Classes: None
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Range to Target: 300 feet
    Area Effect Range: 200 feet
    Skill: Instantaneous
    Allowable Targets: NPC
    Resistance Check: Magic
    Spell Duration: Instant
    Area Effect Duration: 5.0 seconds
    Recast Delay: 12.0 seconds
    When you cast: You scream.
    When someone casts: Soandso screams.
    Spell cast on you: Your eardrums rupture.
    Spell cast on someone: Soandso staggers with intense pain.
    Allakhazam 2001 December Quote

Quote:
    Me abd my guild pimped Zland and we found some things useful. When fighting him have 2 MT (main tanks) because of his stun its hard for a warrior to hold aggro and having 2 helps. Also fight Zland in his lair... he gated on us 2 times and healed himself. Other than that have fun and get phat loots =P.

Numiar 57 cleric
    Circle of Legends <Bristlebane>
    These two pieces of information lead me to believe Stun Breath, though it is coded as an AE in the spell data, actually functioned as a single target proc/spell cast on the tank. (thus why warriors have a difficult time holding aggro)

So the spell is likely only single target and rather easy to resist at 255 MR due to it only being seen once. Currently that AE is the most damaging/challenging part of the Zlandicar fight. It shouldn't be. No fight guides mention an AE stun doing 900 DMG, they just mention tanks get stunned.

2. Zlandicar should cast Necromancer spells. See the above quote about Zlandicar gating (he currently doesn't cast any spells).

Also see 0:53 in the video, "Phack starts to retch", this is from Zlandicar casting Infectious Cloud.

Also see 2:41 in the video. "Madiniea's blood ignites", this is from Zlandicar casting a Necro DoT. You can visibly see Zlandicar stop meleeing to cast that DoT and then resume meleeing after the spell finishes.

3. AE Fear resists end up being max duration at 255 MR, and they shouldn't... they should be at best half-duration fears. I appear to have a 50/50 resist rate on the fears. Of the fears that stick half were short duration and half were max duration. I don't believe max duration fears should be happening at 255 MR at all, the cleric in the video gets feared for a max of 10 seconds and we don't know what his gear is at, based on the gear of his guildmates its safe to assume its decent but it doesn't look like they are all stacking MR to 255.

[Tue Jul 14 19:49:30 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:12:30 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:14:29 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!
    [Tue Jul 14 20:51:25 2015] You resist the Dragon Roar spell!

[Tue Jul 14 19:26:40 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 19:27:00 2015] You are no longer afraid. (20sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:52:06 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:52:09 2015] You are no longer afraid. (3sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:54:02 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:54:04 2015] You are no longer afraid. (2sec)
    [Tue Jul 14 20:55:27 2015] You flee in terror.
    [Tue Jul 14 20:55:46 2015] You are no longer afraid. (19sec)

I do recognize this is a small sample size on my end, but watching my guildmates in the same fight, many people were having max duration fears from his room all the way to nearly the water fall. No one in the video is getting back into the rat area, let alone the waterfall off fear.

Also Fear was turning off walk, and putting you in a full run sprint until Fear ended. I seem to recall always turning on walk for fears to prevent much movement...