Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

I remember reading about someone who was killing city leaders, or maybe it was just Kaladin's king for faction or something. Not sure I'd do much of it for the faction reasons you said, but who knows what interesting fights are out there.

Personally I want to focus more on Velious mobs, but it would be worth revisiting some classic zones. I've been getting my AC up on Ploktor and can put out a 78 damage shield, which tears up those low HP mobs.

Another "sensitive" issue with this is getting buffed. I don't fault anyone for getting a full set of buffs before going into a big fight, but to an extent it's less impressive. There are arguments to go both ways. Personally I don't really care what the "rules" are about buffs, I'll rock c2 if it some long and arduous kill or some crazy setup (I'd need c2 for my stomples/sniffles idea to be viable, I think), but I'll rarely bother to get the gambit of HP buffs from others.

Iceclad, toss in Lodi, but that's a good one for a "kill 5 of 10 in this list" style system due to the long spawn and highly contested nature.
ToFS Would love to play around in this zone but haven't done it. Maybe soloing the whole tower to the top is something for this list?
Can't think of anything for EW or GD and I haven't played in the dungeons off those zones much. GD has a named wurm I think, but not sure how hard it is. Velks has a bunch; Velks also needs some animal flagged mobs.
Kael is hard to move around in and has some beefy mobs, 2x named gladiators, named before Vindi, armor of zek? (quest mob and very hard to get to solo but probably soloable), not sure what would be worth killing to the north. I'd say plate cycle but those mobs mostly cast and break charm, but I mean who said this should be easy.
WL has three high lvl (54?) named giants, some angry (and non faction?) unicorn or something? I say leave the fawns alone.
Add PoG if you're crazy. Killing just one mob here solo would probably be impressive, maybe do-able if not KoS?
There's probably something good in CS but I don't know it.
SG is definately a playground zone for this thread, but there's so little loot and named are random as far as I know. We should focus on this zone and start to name camps and add locations to the zone map!
WW has the +6 and a bunch of other dragons.
DN probably has a bunch of good stuff, but I don't really know the zone well.
ToV is probably out, but maybe a shaman could do something crazy here on the right trash mob?
PoM: A4 is kind of the entry level stuff, moving up to Puppets (in order), the stallions, sniffles/stomples (my eye is on soloing him, no clickies), and that's probably it? Hailing the mob named Life should also be a requirement; fraps or it didn't happen.

Fear is basically dead now. The trash is the same as it was and the golems aren't soloable.
Hate makes me shudder at the thought of going up there to solo and dealing with the CR.
Sky I still can't see a solo going very far, we did a lot of small number stuff in sky with A Team and that was fun; would be cool with velious gear but it won't happen. Maybe the first efreeti solo? contested mob tho

HS/Seb same old same old
Cliff golems, efreeti, ragefire, named fire giants, ixiblat, maybe some of the weaker 32k dragons? spawned fay? spawned VS? chardok royals (and new chardok mobs later), not much in KC but maybe one or two mobs, etc.

It's more fun to get people going after a new challenge than to stress over all the rules and regulations. That's also why Duo was a fun part of the old challenge, because likeminded people can work really well together, it allows for obvious and non-obvious combos of classes to mess around and trade ideas. Also lets the melee/healer combos have some fun. More then a duo quickly becomes less impressive expect for the small handfull of fights that can't be solo or duo'd.