Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

I think some of the class balance issues could be fixed with better itemization. This would avoid having to dramatically change a class role or lore. As Kunark arrived (and later with epics), monks and rogues got sick items that weren't necessarily hard to acquire (or even that uncommon). On P99 these classes are just so well twinked and itemized that it makes other classes look horrible when in reality I don't think the gap would have been as noticeable on a normal timeline for most players.

Wizard- There's really nothing in between a Solist's clicky and a rend robe. At least mages get a burnt wood staff. I think if there were a mid level clicky then it would help with the lack of sustained dps for groups. Right click wand or robe that does like 400 dmg. Maybe a mid-level wand that does 150 dmg. Long cast times on both (12 sec or so)

Warrior- I remember vanilla and kunark were pretty horrible for agro weapons. And it didn't help on P99 that nearly every monk and rogue had amazing gear. Besides when geared with top-end stuff, a warrior was a horribly inconsistent group tank compared to a pally or SK. There wasn't a lot in between a sarnak warhammer / whip and a RMoY and BOTBDE / VP / Epics. Monks got T staffs and adamantite clubs, and warriors got the decent agro weapons they could get removed. Velious addresses this somewhat with infestation, frostbringer, etc, but still nothing like BOTDE was easily attainable for a grouping warrior. Also maybe, something like a warrior only hate clicky (similar to the root net) with a cool down would have been nice and put them on par with disease cloud spamming SKs and blind / stunning pallies.

Rangers- I would make bow dps better either through mechanics, adding a backstab type bow based attack, or better itemization. I liked how in Vanguard that rangers could charm animals too. I think that's a cool lore thing that would help them add dps to groups. Imagine a ranger charming a direwolf or a chokidai and helping with group dps.