Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2018, 09:31 AM
Orc

Default How to understand armor value

Hi all, since few weeks I restarted my EQ adventure, stopped in 2002 as a 65 pvp raiding ranger. Now after like 15 years restarted as a war, lvl around 30 atm.
I’m spending some time in hhk and with goblin ears first pp starting to come. As a total ignorant about War I want to prepare a excel file where you giving a value to every stat and finally understanding what’s really better.
I am also always broke, as first char so I will add a ratio on stuffs, points piece worth divided by pp that cost.
For War: I talk with one of best one on server, and he told me the rule:
HP->Sta->AC->Del
I tougt about it and got the conclusion that this is surely right for a high end grouping/raiding war. Hp pool is what you looking for, and dex to let your weapon proc. Probably (soloing, questing, eventually group) lvl 30 war need something else, like being hit less as possible, and do more damage as possible. For it I would like you to consider my point attribution for my excel file!
AC: 3 - str/sta: 2 - dex: 1,5 - agi: 1 - wis/int/cha/mana: 0 - hp: 0,15 - all resist: 0,3.

Let me explain with an example. With these value the breastplate you have access too are:
Barbed ringmail: 2000pp,ac30,str9,hp50, worth 115,5 points
Tree weave: 150pp,ac25,str10 worth 95 points
Crafted breastplate: 200pp,ac22, sta5, hp25 worth 79,75.

Best one is barbed but if you look at ratio you will discover that tree weave have better ratio, so it’s probably better option for a broke leveling war. As all equip is better ratio, you can look at better stats overall!
I would like your opinion about this calculation and attribution points.

I wrote here instead of class specific it’s cause if you want to replay with your opinion on your class I can update file with every class and pass by.

Thanks to everyone that wanna help!
Last edited by Cezar; 04-26-2018 at 09:43 AM..