Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2019, 08:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know how SDLC works and why its important. But again - are you really going to go trough all this steps and months of reviews when you want to adjust drop rate of Rusty Dagger from 2.5% to 2.51%? I mean seriously?

And the real reason why "they haven't done't it yet" - is because shit isn't "classic". But not because they do not have the manpower of putting a Leash flag on a dozen of dragons in NTOV
Except that you clearly don't understand any of it. Your original suggestion was: point, click, and change a value in a DB. Nobody who understood why a SDLC is important would suggest that. You write a script, and it goes through normal change management, whatever that may be in this case.

One day when you are in charge of something of actual importance, you'll understand the reasons for following standards. And you'll get to explain these reasons to junior developers, sort of like I'm doing for you.

However, you are correct about one thing: The reason they haven't done it yet is likely because they don't want to. It's probably not a change that should be made.