Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I've thought about using the Hole as a location for one of the portals... Considering what happened there, maybe the Plane of Time entrance would make the most sense? You know, that whole tear in the time space continuum jargon that always shows up in sci-fi.

I don't personally like the thought of it leading to every planar zone for a couple of reasons.

1.) Level 46 players are going to have a hell of a time making it through that dungeon by themselves.
2.) It would basically turn Toxulia Forest into the Plane of Knowledge. Think about it.
a.)Beta neutral vendor that buys and sells to everyone.
b.)Druid port location
c.) good/neutral aligned city with bank 1 zone away
d.) evil aligned city with bank 1 zone away

You're basically defeating the purpose of spreading the planes out by giving every level 46+ player 1 zone to hang out in for all their needs. I don't think anybody wants that.

------------------------------------
I'm standing firm about avoiding Luclin. It's completely unnecessary for the purposes of implementing the PoP storyline and if you have to completely customize zones and NPCs in order to keep them from ruining old world content then it's easier to just leave it out. See the previous comments regarding Luclin gear and mudflation. PoP gear for the most part doesn't effect any player below level 46. I enjoyed the expansion when it came out but it just doesn't fit into the idea of preserving the classic feel of EQ at all.
------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zeborux - since he is imprisoned there and wants to get out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
duh... thanks. Yes that would be the simplest (and most obvious) solution. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]