Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 years farming play also means 20 years farming bracers.

That said, sure there will be less plat on green some people might sell items for less, but the really valuable items will be traded by barter not for currency. Or just be used by people who loot them.

The people actually generating the items by clearing content need to saturate their own strata with desirable items before they will trickle down through sales. On blue you have items 15 levels higher than you, meaning anything you find is distributed for greed.

Furthermore, ignoring the fact that you've taken 4 months to hit 39 which calls into question if you have as much time available as everyone else, time isn't the main factor in ability to accumulate wealth. 4 people spending 4 hours on productivity in Eq is with more than one person putting in 16 elf hours.

With all due respect, good luck on getting your tolans bracer 4 months in to green
You get too caught up in the items I use as examples to illustrate a point so that you don't see the point itself. Either that or you are just choosing to ignore it. And yeah, it took me 4 months to get to level 40 because the character that is about to hit 40 was like my 5th character as I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to really level up. Now that those irrelevancies have been discussed...

Of course I won't be able to get a Tolan's bracer 4 months into green because they won't exist as it's from Kunark. It was just an example of an item I'd like to get. Substitute any desirable item from pre-Kunark in it's place if you'd like.

I understand what you're saying with it taking time for items to trickle down through greed rolls. That is the same regardless of what era the server is in and it's really not germane to the discussion. Items can and obviously do come available to purchase and it doesn't take that long.

My primary point in this whole discussion is that in a game economy that is bloated with cash, items that have inherent value cost more because there are a large amount of people with money to spend and that puts upward pressure on prices. This is basic macroeconomics. When you come into that economy with nothing as a new player, affording things many others will take for granted is harder for you. A fresh start on a new server means you come into the economy with nothing but so does everyone else. Where you go from there is up to you but at least you're not 10 years behind.

If you think that doesn't matter to someone who is new, let me ask you a couple questions. First, we have seen very recently a bunch of bannings for RMT transactions. Why would people spend real money on an emulated version of a 20 year old game? Secondly, who do you think most of the people buying stuff with real money were? Newer players or people that have been playing here for 10 years?