Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the same reason anyone gives up one game and moves to the next.

I played blue. I got to 60. I did the kunark raid scene. I quit. I came back, did the velious raid scene. Quit again.

Green presents a forced reset - no twinks, no crowded raid scene with 5 million alts. No insanely inflated economy. Makes it a "uniquely" new experience.

If I was still leveling to 60, I agree, I'd probably not want to drop my "unfinished" character and start over.

My only dilemma this time around is do I play a class that fits my lifestyle (Druid/Necro -- something that can solo). Or a class that fits what I enjoy most, which is the social element of leveling, but will get stuck in the horrible EQ experience of spending your entire night LFG and accomplishing absolutely nothing on a day-day basis because you cannot find a group.
This is how clerics are made.

I started a cleric because i heard they were what got groups. I wasn't wrong. I ended up raiding past planes of power with a cleric from Kunark. I ended up being utterly bored with it. Facing walls in raids casting complete heal.

Not much point to this post i suppose other than warning people off making a character other than the one they want to play. Getting groups easy is initially amazing but turns to ashes in your mouth unless you really want to play it.

It's a good way to get an upper hand on a server as you will not want for groups, people will hound you for rezzes/ports and the like and more than likely you will have access to higher up loot and likely make money quicker.

But you will likely end up making a new character eventually.

In my case i ended up raiding with a character that bored me and was valuable for almost only one spell (Complete heal) and my clicky epic.

On the other hand if you can stand the above and are fine remaking yourself with a twink then maybe not a bad idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not sure my testicles could bear it all over again though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: To be clear i loved being a cleric bar the raiding. Seems most classes had a bit more of a fun time with it due to variety (E.g. pulling etc)

I loved helping people, being wanted and a valuable class etc.
Last edited by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder; 09-16-2019 at 11:53 AM..