Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm torn with this post.

On one hand; I completely agree with you in that it isn't fun sitting around with a blocker up...

On the other hand I have historical evidence: On numerous occasions when the final blocker spawned (Lady N, Jorll, Trips) FRAG and Riot were at a stand-still for literal hours trying to identify the best way to handle the Vulak Blocker. There is one unique case in that FRAG was killing Lady N for approximately 1+ hours consistently, holding Lady N at around 5-10% while they worked out a plan for Vulak.

So your argument is sound; it isn't fun. But the "We would never do this", historically, is entirely inaccurate.
We would never leave a blocker to an hour of the day where riot would have an issue mustering numbers. What you’re describing is leaving up a blocker so that we could have a chance at competing and was only something that was an issue before the Vulak blocker rule was added. It was rather silly that killing the last blocker effectively put you at a major disadvantage for Vulak.