Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2021, 03:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green Class Conundrum

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a super chill class to play in weird hours. I can't seem to figure out which class is the right one though. Key being avoiding stress.

Tanks - For the most part, I've played tanks on p99 many different times, but there's usually some overgeared toons who find it fun to out-threat me and give me hell for not keeping agro, so I'd much rather not play one.

Healers - I tried druid on green. Was in a group in Ghoulbane-ish area, and they wanted me as a lvl 25ish druid to main heal it. Well, let's just say that went about as poorly as it sounded. I got kicked after a wipe and then got ignored by two of the group members, and they didn't help me with corpse recovery! So, that was definitely not pleasant. In general, I think I'd like to avoid healing as I think a lot of mistakes wind up being blamed on the healer when it's usually someone else's fault.

That leaves melee and casters:

Enchanter - obviously a little high intensity for me
Bard - high intensity as well
Monk - I have a monk on blue that was fairly twinked at 58 with epic, and I could never seem to do too well solo.
Ranger - can't solo
Rogue - can't solo
Magician - epic is impossible (for me) to get, and soloing with no CC is extremely hard

Please note that when I say solo, I mean 50+ like Sebilis, Charasis, Western Wastes, etc. My play time is super quirky, and I don't play for long periods, so grouping is harder to come by.

This leaves the final two:
Necromancer - Truth be told, they don't really solo all that well either at 50+ as far as the areas I mentioned.
Wizard - Can't solo but has great mobility. Easy to help others by porting, but nigh-impossible to find groups at 50+ (on blue no one would ever invite a wizard in sebilis for example). I never could seem to land a spell on a dragon back in the day when I played one, so not sure if I want to go ahead with this again.

One thing I definitely don't like is getting yelled at in groups (getting out-threated, not pulling fast enough, someone dies while getting healed), and I've noticed quite a few groups on green (as far as I've seen) are quite serious/hardcore and high-intensity, so I'd prefer a role that didn't involve being high-strung in an already stressful situation.

Preferably I'd like something that can solo 50+ decently, get groups and have a low-stress role for groups/raids. Something I could smoke a doobie and still enjoy. Maybe it's not possible on green? lol