Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2021, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default Does Green economy seem odd?

Just something I've noticed. Does anyone else think the economy is odd on Green? I was making a twink, something I hadn't done before on Green, and after actually participating in EC tunnel for several hours things seem off.

First, there is the near constant spam of Loam armor for sell due to the Hole. That's whatever but it seems to take up the place of other items. I couldn't find just basic melee gear all day. The market just seems saturated with repetitive garbage no one wants and no variety. Same few people spamming the loam all day, high end item sellers from guilds, EC mule resellers trying to price gouge, and that's mostly it.

Second, and I'm guilty of this, it seems like people use Blue pricing to determine Green pricing. Is anyone else doing this? If I'm looking at a twink item and let's say it costs 10k on Green but I see it's 4k on Blue, I have to ask myself, is this item worth such a major depreciation? After all we'll all end up on blue. Why not just wait and buy the item there or at a minimum buy an item with less severe depreciation? I did this for my melee buying a lot of lower end trash items because the pricing between Green/Blue is very similar. If I had no expectation of a Blue merge I would have bought a much different set of items.

Third, the "UN" guilds seem to also be participating in price fixing for common high end items. I don't know if this is true or not it's just something I've noticed. Green and it's "UN" alliance is odd in more than one way but it also seems to be killing some of the magic of the market as you see "firm" pricing across multiple guild bank auctioneers.

Does anyone else think the market on Green is messed up, odd, etc? Why? What can be done?