Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2021, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of us genuinely love the game itself, and even playing it in all its boring grindy form. I know this is a foreign concept to younger gamers, WoW gamers, and many raiders who are more into strats, practice, racing, BiS and hanging out on discord than actually doing the boring parts of playing EQ, but its actually true for many of us.

There's a lot of people who just relish leveling different classes, races, combinations of both, etc. All the stuff you mention is secondary to actually enjoying Everquest. At the end of the day it sounds like you realized you didn't actually like playing Everquest that much after the novelty wore off and you had your epic level 60. Now you are here trying to figure out why anyone does this but you're looking at it the wrong way because you don't have that concept of actually liking this old game, warts and all, for what it is.
These are not good points.

So from your first paragraph I gather the "grind" is what makes it special to you? I hope that is the case because I strongly agree.

However, your comment is laced with ill will for people like me, "into strats, practice, racing, BiS" this is just as much as Everquest as "grinding" is to Everquest.

In what other mmo do you grind on your ass for hours *waiting* for a raid mob to spawn for a *chance* at killing that raid mob for a *chance* of it dropping a piece of loot you want.

Reconsider how you think about things