Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Kobold

Default bradquest 2: rise of the fallen

gettin excited for p:rof !!!!! as we reach 7 and a half years of pre-alpha we're getting near alpha!!!!! there's no date announced but it's near!!!!!

lately they have been working on this thing called 'dispositions', here's a developer explaining it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppa
Regarding Dispositions vs. Traits:
A Disposition refers to an AI layer that governs an NPC's behavior in some way (their movement, ability usage, etc.). A Trait is an intrinsic property of an NPC that can either inform a Disposition, or otherwise modify an NPC's personal characteristics.

For example, the "Alarmist" Disposition. An Alarmist NPC will make every attempt to run to the nearest allied NPC when combat is initiated.
"Alluring", however, is a Trait - NPCs with the Alluring trait have a higher chance to land Mesmerize and Charm abilities.
im no programmer wizard, so i have no idea how they will be able to pull off stuff like making mobs 'run away' in a fight, or 'land spells', its way too technical for me

stuff like this plus the fact that they went back just to add climbing to the game makes me really excited that there;s a good game coming in the next 10-15 years!!!! kickstarters yeaaaaa!!!!!!