Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Potential New player questions

Have a few questions I'd like to ask before starting here if anyone wouldn't mind answering. Skimmed through the forums already and while I found some answers I'm wanting to seek updated information.

I'm curious as to the current leveling situation. I'm assuming there is a slew of people maxed out with it being hit and miss as to finding people to group with while leveling up depending on the day, is this the situation? If not what is it like leveling through grouping mostly, painfully hard or pretty easy to find people. (Note: I tend to build groups, not just sit LFG)

Current class demands, I want to try something I never leveled up in EQ back in the day, or in other emu servers. The three classes I'm heavily looking at are wizard, SK, and bard. Wizard and SK I've never played, although I know I am a very solid tank player, and am an exceptional bard. My question is of these 3 classes which would you guys recommend? Ignore difficulty between them, and do consider I'm starting out fresh. I will likely roll all of them at some point, but looking long term which I should focus on.

Finally the last time I played EQ I was in high school, I've since gotten a degree and have a job that takes up a lot of time. Be honest, should I even bother trying to play this, or would I be simply spinning my tires and miss out on most of the game if I can't dedicate large blocks of time to the game? Goals: eventually seeing a little raid content, have a solid group of guildies to do things with, and reaching max level. Not a Goal: equipping the best of every slot

Thank you for any answers you guys might provide, debating hard if I should try to play or not.