Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2022, 03:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not convinced that it's all bad.
Well, we were all infants at one point without much understanding of existence, so that counts as good or at least not inherently bad. But as adults, even if we consider ourselves to be good, reasonable, and law-abiding, there's that whole duality of man thing, the unconscious, and future unknowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've ever lived up in an inner city of a major metropolitan area (I grew up in DFW), you know that inner-city, ghetto culture is a huge problem and the black community, while a large part of that culture isn't the only group subject to those insidious values.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norrmalmstorg_robbery

Quote:
They glorify violent crime and gang activity. They engage in using and selling drugs, disrespect women and authority, and act as if going to prison is a badge of honor.
But the same could be said for other groups of people in the prison system and/or affiliated with gangs.

Quote:
I had a good friend growing up named Ralston whose mother was absolutely adamant that he do well in school (she even beat him a few times over it) and his black peers would berate him for doing well in school and "acting white".
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are also instances where individuals aren't considered truly black or black enough within their own family/community due to having lighter skin tone.

Quote:
That violent, criminal culture is a problem and certainly isn't limited to just blacks. I knew plenty of ghetto whites and Mexicans, but the all shared those same values (if you can call them that).
“Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well- warmed, and well-fed.” Michael Scott