Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2023, 12:04 PM
Banned

Default Astral Projections

Similar to an undead bard in Old Sebilis, the Astral Projections were quest NPCs and merchants with neither having any items to offer for sale other than what players had sold to them previously. By some accounts they would con ready to attack depending on the player's race, class, and deity, but did not aggro and were otherwise indifferent. Killing either gave no experience and their corpses expired immediately. Currently on Project1999, neither function as merchants when right-clicked.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020523...art=75&zone=76

Quote:
RE: Astral Projection Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Dec 3rd 10:40 PM 2000 Score: Default[2.00]
saw one of these in lake of ill omen. he is standing in the lake on platform. He was a vendor. I could sell to him.

Needed levitate to reach him tho

https://web.archive.org/web/20020327...98970839938462

Quote:
RE: whoops By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, May 12th 6:59 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
There is a Merchant in Ill omen called "Astral Projection" You will need a levitate to reach him since hes on an elevated platform in the water. However he is INDIFFERENT to an erudite necro druids rangers etc etc I beleive hes INDIFF to everybody and hes a merchant so try and find some place close to him to hunt and you can sell there....however he doesnt sell food so when you do go to WC buy about 16 stacks of food drink P

https://web.archive.org/web/20050316....shtml?id=6368

Quote:
Whacked Him Reply...
Posted @ Thu, May 15th 10:44 PM 2003
By: Rhisk
7 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]
Well, having never hunted in the pit in the Overthere. I ventured in. Saw this guy, he conned dark blue and was scowling. Being a good guy and not afraid of new things, I whacked him. Strange thing though, no xp even though he was dark blue. And he was tough for a dark blue at that
Quote:
2 Replies
RE: Whacked Him Reply...
Posted @ Fri, Feb 13th 9:19 AM 2004
By: vinbok
5 posts
First i would like to say stop killing him!He is a turn in npc for the monk epic the last stage

He wont drop a thing so you cant make money on him or get any exp at all.

Yes he is a merchant aswell and is KOS to the most
I hope this enlight a few things
Sister
Tova Aerlian
Ghost Chapel
Rodcet Nife

Quote:
0 Replies
RE: Whacked Him Reply...
Posted @ Fri, May 16th 3:21 AM 2003
By: Feninie
Scholar
483 posts
Score: Good [3.80]
not strange that you got no xp for killing him. He is actually a merchent, and you never get xp for killing merchents.
Quote:
he is not a merchant Reply...
Posted @ Sat, Mar 16th 2:31 AM 2002
By: Altair
16 posts
Score: Default [2.00]
He is not a merchant. Astral projection is for one of the last stages of the monk epic celestial fists quest.
Quote:
1 Reply
RE: he is not a merchant Reply...
Posted @ Tue, May 21st 11:43 PM 2002
By: Curscale
180 posts
Score: Decent [3.08]
He is too a merchant, right click him and find out. I've sold to him before in LOIO.
Quote:
0 Replies
Merchant Reply...
Posted @ Fri, Mar 15th 11:25 AM 2002
By: Anonymous
I'll be darned... he IS a merchant. When I right clicked him, he didn't have one item for sale. I sold him words and runes and they showed up in his inventory for sale. So he is a merchant who will only hold items sold to him by players, at least the one in LOIO for sure does this (I don't spend time in OT so I cannot vouch for that one)
Quote:
1 Reply
RE: Merchant Reply...
Posted @ Sun, Dec 8th 4:22 PM 2002
By: TaliestheWanderer
8 posts
I just confirmed that the one in OT is also a merchant - and even though he "scowls at you threateningly" he's more than happy to buy from you.
Quote:
Niterune Reply...
Posted @ Sat, Oct 27th 8:06 PM 2001
me and another 52 druid named Nitezero killed this guy the other day, he was not kos to us were woodelfs...anyways we killed him, he hits ok about like any other mob, not real bad, we rooted him and nuked him very easy...when he died he poofed just like a merchant... no exp or faction or loot, in other words a waste of time
Quote:
0 Replies
1 message(s) skipped by filter settings
LOIO astral projection Reply...
Posted @ Fri, Sep 28th 8:31 PM 2001
Score: Good [4.00]
The astral projection in LOIO is located on a small open temple-looking building in the middle of the lake, and given the fact that I sold two items to him would make him a merchant. Yes, he is located near where the bloodgills spawn, and I would recommend having levitate to get to him, because the wall is too high to be able to jump out of the water onto it.

Pelaliah Spinesplitter
Rogue of 30th Season
Solusek Ro
Quote:
Facts Reply...
Posted @ Thu, Jul 19th 12:32 AM 2001
Score: Good [4.00]
Not a merchant, just a mob for monk epic. The reason he is also seen in ill omen is because once the monk has done the ot part of his quest, he must meet the astral projection in ill omen to complete the quest. Thats it. Never killed him so unsure if he drops anything, i assume nothing. And yes when he spawns in ill omen, he's on that little island.
Quote:
1 Reply
RE: Facts Reply...
Posted @ Tue, Aug 7th 11:11 AM 2001
The group I was with killed this MoB clearing the way to the Skorpikis(sp) Scrounger.

Upon death there was no body and no drops of any kind. He conned blue to the 51 Pally in the group and red to me a 46 Bard and ready to attack to both.
Quote:
0 Replies
Astral Projection Reply...
Posted @ Wed, Jun 27th 9:14 PM 2001
Score: Default [1.50]
The one in OT is part of Monk Epic this one is not a merchant.
Quote:
Merchant? ROFL Reply...
Posted @ Thu, May 24th 3:07 AM 2001
By: Adita
Scholar
26 posts
This is not a merchant, he is part of an Epic quest. It is either the monk or rogue Epic, can't remember atm

----------------------------
Adita
70 Hunter of Tunare
Bristlebane server
Quote:
1 Reply
RE: Merchant? ROFL Reply...
Posted @ Sat, Dec 29th 12:21 AM 2001
By: Exidor
5 posts
Score: Good [4.33]
Part of monk epic, yes. But also a merchant as others have stated. Go check it out sometime.
Quote:
1 Reply
RE: Merchant? ROFL Reply...
Posted @ Wed, Jan 9th 8:25 PM 2002
yes he does work as a merchant. He buys stuff from you if you right click him. Whatever he sells, is just sh*te some PCs have sold him tho, he does not have his own goods
Quote:
0 Replies
Occus Poccus Reply...
Posted @ Sun, May 6th 11:00 AM 2001
Astral Projection conned blue and ready to attack at lvl 53 in the Overthere. If he is a merchant, why is he kos to me? I'm anostic magician. Is he caster or melee? Also I'm amiable to outpost. What faction is Astral on? Thanks.
Quote:
Merchant in Lake of Ill Omen Reply...
Posted @ Thu, Apr 19th 5:49 PM 2001
By: Tutten
Scholar
17 posts
Score: Decent [3.25]
Unless I'm much mistaken, Astral Projection is a merchant in the Lake of Ill Omen. He's on an island in the lake itself.

----------------------------
tuttenclawstorm@yahoo.com

https://web.archive.org/web/20010708...html?item=2471

Quote:
Coins - no drop? By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sat, Apr 14th 6:49 PM 2001 Score: Default[2.00]
Are the coins that are related to the quest NO DROP? Like, could I bust out my mage, collect these coins, then give them to my bard to hand in for the Tamborine? I remember seeing some coin at that Astral Projection vendor in Lake of Ill Omen - near the Bloodgill Goblins - but didn't buy it; I believe it was called an "Old Coin," and was wondering if it was the same thing someone sold to him... and if that's the case, then that coin isn't NO DROP. *shrug*

https://web.archive.org/web/20020116...tail.php?id=34

Quote:
81 PNJs trouvés
Nom Niveau Classe Aspect

Astral Projection
50 Marchand Humain

https://web.archive.org/web/20020508...ne=34&mob=4694

Quote:
Bestiaire - Astral Projection

Pas d'image disponible
Envoyer une image
Zone The Overthere