Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Orc

Default Starting Fresh with Two Classes

I want to start two new characters of classes I've never really played much of before. Ideally they'd be two very different classes, with one being able to solo in case I cant find groups on either.

About me: I don't plan to raid, except for maybe once in a while if a friend wanted me to come along. I plan to take my time leveling up. I'm semi casual, but I get bored if things are too slow. I love grouping and everything social. I played a Ranger and Shadow Knight on Live and loved them, but want to do something different this time. I'm guessing when I get into the 20s ill pick the one I like more and focus on that class.

Here's the classes I've narrowed it down to:

Druid
Mage
Monk
Paladin
Shaman

I want at least one to be a good race... but maybe both. I don't like Trolls/Ogres, but I do like Dark Elves and Iksar, if that helps any for bad options.

I was leaning toward monk and druid... but I've been reading how druids aren't really accepted into groups except if there are no clerics around. In that case, maybe a mage instead of druid. I've played shamans before but only at low levels, I wouldn't mind trying them either.

I'm a bit scared of trying to be a tank, since I have no money to start these characters with.

What would you choose in my situation?