Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Orc

Default Solo Classes... Chanter without Charm?

I always played a necro in classic. I liked to play a lone wolf with the option to group up when I had the time or inclination, to have the option to play around with soloing difficult and challenging mobs in dungeons or pair up with another necro just to see what we would kill, fun stuff like trying to solo the guy for dead men floating in Chardok, breaking and camping Lord Efreeti, duoing planar trash, risky and thrilling experimentation in general.

I'd really like to wait to start an Iksar Necro this time around and try out another class until the server progresses.

Bottom line is I'm looking for something with similar soloability/challenge but which can be powerful if played well and has tricks like a necro.

After reviewing a number of threads I was all set to make an Enchanter. I like the idea of all the utility and illusion spells, the ability to go to any city and not be KoS (possibly opening up guard killing options without worrying about KOS?), the potential power and soloability, and the group role, but then I've read on these boards that charm has either been nerfed or is bugged. Charm was the one thing I remember that made me think I might want to roll an enchanter way back when.

So what is the solo viability of Enchanters on the p1999 server at this time? Is charm working as it did in classic? Can Enchanters still solo cool stuff without charm? I don't mind getting torn up every now and then, but if I break a camp I'd like to have a reasonable chance to hold it assuming I learn to play the class.

I'm hesitant to go with a mage because it seems like it would be very very similar to the necro without the utility (feign, health to mana) and cool evilness, and I hear mages get gimped in Kunark.

A druid seems like it would be fun to level and travel with but unable to venture deep into dungeons or solo crazy tough mobs at high levels... and also very common on the server. Tracking does sound interesting though.

Shammies might be too melee based for me... maybe I'm wrong. I definately don't want to play a melee class unless he can spank tough mobs like a necro.

So any input on a solo class other than a necro but almost as fun to play alone? Is enchanter the way to go here?