Planar Protector

My body is beyond ready.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Oh lord, shit started.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhuma7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you "update" the combat (which is what? more spammy abilities? EQ2 wack-a-mole combos?) update the graphics (eq2 plastics or fluid cartoony models like WoW?) I play with music off in all MMOs and means dick all to the average gamer.

EQ1 gameplay is broken as fuck :\

People have changed since 1999 bro. That is why on the live progression servers you had 30+ shadowknights insta-gibbing raid content. The min-maxing in MMOs in 2013 is off the charts, you wont be able to have world-spawns on 3-7 day timers for the entire server, the people will ruin the entire idea of making another EQ1. That is why everything is instanced now. Look at this server for fucks sake, barely anyone can get a raid mob and were only dealing with maybe a couple hundred people contending for these raids.

All EQ1 is, is a MMO that is focused on meaningful item progression. I haven't had a death penalty in EQ since 1999! 96% rezzes are everywhere and anyone can get their corpse summoned for a small fee.

I think you're looking at things with rose-tinted glasses if you think everquest is the future of MMOs.

I would hate to be the lead dev on an EQ1 in 2014 when my subscription numbers are plummeting every day from people complaining and rage quitting over shit. When bossman comes down and asks what is going on and what can be done and your response is "the game is meant to be hard!" Good luck finding another job.

If you want to sit here and arm-chair dev like you know what you're talking about, be my guest but this will be the last time I comment on this subject.
Lol, newbs and their rose tinted glasses crap.

The fact that you could get 30 shadowknights together and instagib a mob is cool, not bad. Thats smart, and it takes time, especially with exp penalty, to create and gather 30 shadowknights. If you're willing and able to do that, more power to you. The gameplay in new games is fucking horrid.

The fact that 14 years later that people actually know how to play, and you can reliably find people willing to res, port or summon corpses doesn't mean the game isn't hard. It just means the people who are playing are doing so cooperatively.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Orc

can someone point me to some live text updates? im on limited data and cant view the stream
Old 08-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Aviak

Twitch feed is live now.
Fire Giant

I have a really funny storyboard im going to put up if the reveal sucks. (it will have rogean and tiggles included)
Aviak

http://www.twitch.tv/everquestnext
Closed Thread