Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you join a level appropriate vanilla (non twink) guild?
Yes, that sounds kinda fun 12 46.15%
No, I'm not about to give up my twinking 12 46.15%
Other (reply below) 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question Vanilla only guild (raid focused)?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if people would be interested in a guild that would focus on pre kunark raids where people would

-Avoid twinking
-level and wear only vanilla gear
-use level appropriate gear (aka no grabbing some level 30 sword unless you can kill the mob)
-Raid vanilla content at the appropriate levels (45-50)

I've never really gotten into the vanilla raiding scene when i was playing back in the day, and I just thought it would be cool to go through the old contend with level appropriate stuff the way EQ was meant to be played.

So what do you guys think (poll above)
Old 09-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Most old content like the planes and dragons are all camped and killed by guilds without this principal; so i'm not sure there'd be much point in doing it this way. I guess if you just wanted to challenge yourself by being under geared, or you could experience similar challenges by just taking up fewer people or something. Maybe i'm a pessimist but i'm not sure there's gonna be many people interested in this.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

tried this on red, there was enough interest but because solb and permafrost are ffa it was still, at the time, impossible to progress through classic without getting shit on by 60s. i know this isnt the place but ill do it anyway, there is a progression locked emu called zippzipps something or another. i dont play there because eq is kinda boring atm but if i did play and wanted to progress, that would be my server. its forced progression in that you cannot access or use the next expansion without beating the previous. meaning no kunark until naggy/vox/phinny/inny/and ct are downed. boxing enabled and faster xp. also pok open for all. i think it goes up to GoD.

uh holy shit i have no idea wtf i just wrote or why. word.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

I think not twinking and earning gear makes the game more fun for me. I don't enjoy raiding all that much, but would love the group game with non twinks. Getting any named mob to drop something would be something to get excited about in this guild. Sounds like fun to me.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned

Ive never done much quests at all, ive been looking through alotta different noob quests from the cities and noob areas and it looks like fun. Ive a,ways wanted to level a char up with no outside help or twinking, just earning everything myself or with guildys with the same mindset
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by susvain0362 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive never done much quests at all, ive been looking through alotta different noob quests from the cities and noob areas and it looks like fun. Ive a,ways wanted to level a char up with no outside help or twinking, just earning everything myself or with guildys with the same mindset
uh how did you level your first toon? pizza?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Banned

I made friends by level 5 and started getting plenty of good lowbie twink gear and weapons? Only took a couple hours, not even, before my friends were helping out. Join a big guild and make friends. Not that difficult.
Closed Thread