Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Aviak

My main on live was iksar necro I can't wait hehe. Using my mage now to get some gear for him once it is released.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey all...I am having a hard time deciding what class I want to get to 50. I am tired of transfering alts, and I wanna make it the long haul this time.

I have narrowed it down to-

Magician- Really like the power and the fact that I can solo well. Not a huge fan of doing the exact same thing every battle. Send pet, cast nuke....med.

Necromancer- Like the ability to solo the whole way, however with the runspeed being that of a Bugatti on the mobs....it does seem to be an issue with snare kiting like Necro's do best.

Cleric- I have always enjoyed sitting back and keeping the group alive.....but I know I won't be able to solo anything at higher levels making it harder to twink out alts if I wanted to once I was 50.

Monk- Only one problem.....NO IKSAR YET. Will have to wait lol

Thanks guys....any input from people who have these classes higher would be really great.
Magician - not a whole lot of medding at lower levels, pet wrecks, you heal it for less than 3 med ticks of mana 1-2x a fight, cast lv. 1 nuke. Chain pull. But for sure more medding later, I think the 30s are bad for that. Not sure 'bout @ 45+ soloing seafuries, pets are only 200 - that's what lil over 1 min med time, about the time it takes to kill a seafury i'd figure if you can kill it with 1.5 pets which I've heard.

Necro - kiting's not bad. Your lv. 12 snare is sufficient - although I do recommend sow pots for the mid levels, when fear isn't mana-efficient. (I think it becomes much more used later, though I've only played necro to 30 recently).

Cleric - bad news is, you won't be able to solo at any level. Period. Like if your life depends on it, you can spend your mana pool to kill one mob. And thats it. You won't ever solo for hours on end for exp. Good news is, I think you're underestimating cleric's money-making capacity at 50. Guess rezzing's not as good any more, but get to 50 and send a tell I'll give you a couple other ideas.

Monk - My favorite class that I've played. Love feign, love the damage we do, love pulling, love not medding, love bind wound and mend (consider bind wound more a monk thing since we can raise skill higher - I believe? - and bind to 70). Highly recommend it. And I don't think the iksar ac/regen is major, since it's a drop in the bucket to bind wound and fungi. The ac - ok, it's nice if you're tanking, but that's not that frequent of an occurance unless you got a shammy buddy or you're big into soloing (more kunark, soloing only viable 40+ w/ bind wound to 70).

And before you flame me, no, I don't think the AC's nice for pulling, the only thing that gives you any trouble pulling if you're half decent is casters.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Banned

Monk is by far the funnest character I have......but I want an Iksar monk. Even if Iksar monk was worse than human monk, which they aren't, I'd still wanna roll Iksar.

They look awesome, have an amazing starting city, have awesome zones to level up in RIGHT next to the city, and i just love the way they sound, hit, and fiegn
Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Fire Giant

IIRC, Iksars are better on every facet than a Human, except that Humans get good faction with everyone, and a tad bit more DPS at the high end.

So, in theory, your looking at avoidance/hp regen or a bit more DPS? When I say DPS, its with their fists, not weapon dependent

Edit: Talking about monks BTW
Closed Thread