Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still don't understand why people continue to try drop transfering. Seems utterly ridiculous to me.
I wouldn't drop transfer a CoF or a Fungi, but a hero bracer and a few gems? Who cares...I can lose them and replace them in less time than it takes waiting on a friend to transfer or getting my alts ported around to EC and back etc.

I've never had a drop transfer fail, but I've never done one in nro or the nexus either lol.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is picking something off the ground, that you know they dropped for transfer, in a obviously out of way area, not stealing? Is it against the rules? Not technically, but it's still stealing from a moral perspective. How morally bankrupt do you have to be to reason like this?
I guess bankrupt enough to wish you luck in getting your gear back twice. How good of you to edit that out of the quote.

FYI, this isn't about morals. It's about rules and risks. Once you drop the item, it's free for anyone to pick up, which you knew.

I don't know how it is on this server, but I lost bags on Live selling gear in EC because when the trade cancelled, minor items filled the inventory slots and my bag hit the ground. This was before the fix where the overflow items defaulted to your cursor. The person I was trading with snatched it and reluctantly handed it back after some tells and OOCing. That was a system flaw and would be more along the lines of stealing.

Good luck, man.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Default Trust 60s ONLY or get robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how people don't know how to do transfers at this point. Are you a new player to Everquest in general?

As they have said, use people in reputable guilds (like any of the guilds listed on the raid page) who are high level. They have no reason to steal and have a reputation to maintain. The guy you trusted, I've never even heard of, which means it was an extremely bad move to give him anything. I don't know who these "people who said he was trustworthy" are, but I imagine they get a cut of his scams.
That is what I was thinking lol. New to gaming? New to MMORPG? Born under a rock?

He chose the worst person in tunnel to trust. OP was probably in a rush an just picked whoever he seen first. Or just super drunk/stoned. Or retarded.
He chose a level 7? with no gear that can easily be deleted and not missed lol.

An whoever told you this guy was trustworthy, was it his level 1 alt he just made to tell you some bullshit? Lol.

How did OP expect to not get robbed? That is like giving a homeless guy 10 grand an tell him you will be back in a month to get it. Complete non sense.
Being dumb will get you robbed every time.

Agreed.
Trust level 60s in a known guild and you can be assured they are not going to delete.

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Globox- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess bankrupt enough to wish you luck in getting your gear back twice. How good of you to edit that out of the quote.

FYI, this isn't about morals. It's about rules and risks. Once you drop the item, it's free for anyone to pick up, which you knew.

I don't know how it is on this server, but I lost bags on Live selling gear in EC because when the trade cancelled, minor items filled the inventory slots and my bag hit the ground. This was before the fix where the overflow items defaulted to your cursor. The person I was trading with snatched it and reluctantly handed it back after some tells and OOCing. That was a system flaw and would be more along the lines of stealing.

Good luck, man.
Thanks for the well wishes, I probably shouldn't have edited that out, my mistake. Anyhow, lets reason this out. First we'll define stealing since this has turned into a semantics argument:

"To take (the property of another) without right or permission."

What is the difference between handing someone my gear, with the expectation of getting it back and dropping it on the ground (in a obscure, secluded area, mind you) with the expectation of getting it back? Shouldn't it be my property still in both cases from a common sense perspective? Is my intention not the same in both instances?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Dropping on the ground is discarding it, it isn't really your property then - like I mentioned re: fishing grubs - should someone be petitioned everytime they pick up a ground spawn item?

Don't forget in lots of zones in EQ there are ground spawn items that the game creates as well (why should a player have to distinguish? they both look like a brown sack until picked up).

Also - I don't condone of stealing the items (fwiw) but I also do not think GMs should get involved - if you give a stranger your items that is your mistake - they should not be punished by a GM for keeping imho, but like I mentioned way earlier, if GMs did not ban a scammer in this way, there would likely be rampant scamming (more than there is) and it would be impossible to do things like MQ or get an OT hammer via puppet strings (as the "customer" could just choose to keep 300k strings for their cost of the MQ).

Edit: your real world analogy for dropping an item, would be going in a back alley in a city, dropping off a backpack of goods (maybe money? gems?) and leaving, then coming back later expecting to find it there still - if some bum happened across it, they simply found some unmarked goods (have you ever found a penny and picked it up?)
Last edited by tristantio; 04-07-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dropping on the ground is discarding it, it isn't really your property then - like I mentioned re: fishing grubs - should someone be petitioned everytime they pick up a ground spawn item?

Don't forget in lots of zones in EQ there are ground spawn items that the game creates as well (why should a player have to distinguish? they both look like a brown sack until picked up).
Not trying to be a jerk here (love the site btw), but common sense says I wouldn't discard 1k worth of items in a secluded area. People drop grubs because they are obviously trash.

If I found a Fungi on the ground, it's obviously not spawned from the ground. I would be searching for the person who dropped it.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

I JUST ASSUMED THIS PERSON DID NO LONGER WANTED HIS FULL SET OF DREADSCALE ARMOR AND TOOK IT UPON MYSELF TO PICK IT UP AND KEEP IT INSTEAD OF LETTING IT ROT

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

And how would you decide who dropped it (outside of GM intervention)?

/ooc Anyone leave a fungi around here? Just found one on the ground, need to know who to give it to

I'm sure you'd get lots of takers on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Could always stand there for 5 minutes knowing that if someone was transferring it, unless they are grossly misinformed about how transferring works they will be logging on a character in that exact spot within a few moments

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how would you decide who dropped it (outside of GM intervention)?

/ooc Anyone leave a fungi around here? Just found one on the ground, need to know who to give it to

I'm sure you'd get lots of takers on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe. I actually saw that recently. Someone in EC in /ooc said that someone dropped a backpack full of stuff and if they can name what was in it they would get it back. I'm not sure if they ever found them or not though.
Closed Thread