Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
none of my key bindings work except jump it's driving me nuts
Without a bit more info about exactly what you're doing, I can't really tell if it's EQ or something between the chair and keyboard. I've rebound a ton of my stuff so I don't know what could be causing the issue.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:12 AM
Large Rat

Not sure if this is an easy question to answer but...

I was told in game that AC doesn't have a large effect on your overall power and that stats are better.

Is this true? How does AC work?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this is an easy question to answer but...

I was told in game that AC doesn't have a large effect on your overall power and that stats are better.

Is this true? How does AC work?
No one knows, exactly. The general consensus is that it's pretty close to classic, but probably doesn't have as much an effect (I think).

The problem with AC is that it's an amalgam of mitigation and avoidance, so the mixture here is reverse engineered from formulas that were never known fully.

That said, people have done parses and the last one I saw said more AC is better, but the curve on how much (and what kind) has yet to be figured out.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

what's the best way to cook an egg?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on how you like your eggs! Trolls usually like them soft boiled. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Put in water, bring to boil, boil for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to cold water to stop the cooking process.

I personally prefer mine farm fresh organic, fried in coconut oil with a dash of Tony Chachere's seasoning.
<Divinity>
Last edited by Sylexis; 05-07-2014 at 09:50 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Little off the wall question, is it ok to use an Xbox 360/Guitar Hero controller to play this game?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't. You combine the egg, milk, and flour in a mixing bowl to create a clump of dough, then you combine ("cook") that dough with spices and frosting in an oven.

/duck
Old 05-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Little off the wall question, is it ok to use an Xbox 360/Guitar Hero controller to play this game?
It is, as long as you don't use any fancy software to do something you couldn't normally do on a standard keyboard.

In other words, if you only map controller buttons => single keys (eg. "button A => 5"), you're fine. If you somehow map "button A => click on this thing, then click on this other thing, then press 5", you're cheating, because you couldn't normally do something like that with a standard keyboard.

P.S. I personally play with a Playstation-like controller sometimes to help with RSI.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is, as long as you don't use any fancy software to do something you couldn't normally do on a standard keyboard.

In other words, if you only map controller buttons => single keys (eg. "button A => 5"), you're fine. If you somehow map "button A => click on this thing, then click on this other thing, then press 5", you're cheating, because you couldn't normally do something like that with a standard keyboard.

P.S. I personally play with a Playstation-like controller sometimes to help with RSI.
Cool thanks, gunna make bard kiting more comfortable.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:29 AM
Fire Giant

bump for awesome thread
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Closed Thread