Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

/note opens up a window that is a notepad for all chars. great if you want to save info on mobs, or track spawn times and so on.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Here's one most people probably don't know:

If you are about to take an inter-zone res, you can cast one buff on yourself. The split second before the spell resolves, click to accept the res. You'll load into the new zone with res effects, plus the buff.

It works within the same zone too, you just need to make sure that you do /corpse first, don't move, and are standing exactly on your corpse before the cleric starts casting the res.
Last edited by Nefarum; 01-20-2015 at 05:53 PM..
Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wanna know if an anonymous person is guilded? target them and type /guildstatus to find out what guild they are part of and if they are a member/officer/ or leader of that guild.
/guildstatus <name> allows you to do it for anyone in the zone without targeting them.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

On red if you manually toggle (using mouse) the sit/stand or spellbook button while casting it will not interrupt and you can med through long casts. Make sure to stand before spell goes off.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

it amazes me how few people know to properly position mobs even in groups etc... put DPS'ers on back sides of mobs, not just rogues, but any melee dps, even pets when possible. Nevermind any special hacks.... just basic gameplay... jousting... agro swapping, offtanking... normal classic gaming
Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On red if you manually toggle (using mouse) the sit/stand or spellbook button while casting it will not interrupt and you can med through long casts. Make sure to stand before spell goes off.
classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I use macros for my bard for every spell slot. That way I only have to press the button once instead of twice to stop current song. Saves you lots of button mashing in the long run when twisting songs.

/stopsong
/cast #

I also like to make macros for toggling between sitting/standing

/stand
/cast #
/pause (however long cast time is plus an extra second or so)
/sit

And for pet

/assist tankname
/petattack

Lazy mode
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's one most people probably don't know:

If you are about to take an inter-zone res, you can cast one buff on yourself. The split second before the spell resolves, click to accept the res. You'll load into the new zone with res effects, plus the buff.

It works within the same zone too, you just need to make sure that you do /corpse first, don't move, and are standing exactly on your corpse before the cleric starts casting the res.
I feel like a failure every time I don't manage to pull this off with clarity.

When you have your ui and character set up a satisfactory way email yourself the ui files as well as the character files. If your computer craps out, you're playing on a new computer, or freshly install it will all be easily accessible and you manage to keep most of your friends list especially if you constantly back up the files.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Has anyone found a way to play eq windowed and be able to run a program as admin?

When this happens my eq screen goes black and only returns if I fullscreen eq. I can then go back to windowed. The issue is sometimes this crashes the game.

Possibly eq play nice is a fix but I find it makes my game feel sluggish even if it is locked at a higher fps.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone found a way to play eq windowed and be able to run a program as admin?

When this happens my eq screen goes black and only returns if I fullscreen eq. I can then go back to windowed. The issue is sometimes this crashes the game.

Possibly eq play nice is a fix but I find it makes my game feel sluggish even if it is locked at a higher fps.

You simply have to change your UAC settings so they don't dim out your computer when it prompts you.

Move it to the second from the last security setting; it's not going to put you at any more risk, it's just that it wont grab your attention as easily by blacking everything else out, so they consider it a lower security setting.

Also, shift+enter to pop it into full screen and then shift+enter again to back out of full screen will often fix it, however toggling Fullscreen also causes crashes in my client, cannot speak for you on this matter though
Make User Account Control (UAC) Stop Blacking Out the Screen in Windows 7 or Vista
Closed Thread