Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Another spoiler: Vox Fear warps you around the zone pulling everything, have to just let pets kill =/
Old 02-14-2015, 11:26 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb287 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another spoiler: Vox Fear warps you around the zone pulling everything, have to just let pets kill =/
Pretty easy to fix fear on players.

H
Old 02-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Developer

For the takp devs:

When you are fixing fear on players, the client does send packets for when they change to run or walk. So you can track this, and tie the fear speed to what the client has set, walk or run.

H
Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Kobold

What is the servers population like currently- without adding the boxed chars?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the servers population like currently- without adding the boxed chars?
Maybe 50ish people most of the day?

It's impossible to tell how many real people are playing at any given time but logged in characters is usually around 100-120ish.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

People just started getting banned for expressing opinions. At least the dev/GM team here doesnt ban your characters for being a forum warrior. just your forum accounts.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People just started getting banned for expressing opinions. At least the dev/GM team here doesnt ban your characters for being a forum warrior. just your forum accounts.
They are facing lots of criticism. So they can get a bit testy. I don't think they are used to that kind of thing. We have learned that it comes with the territory. It is hard to spend 20-30 hrs a week, week after week, trying real hard to put out a quality product. Only to be subject to an endless barage of criticism.

They will start to handle it better. Or their devs will start dropping.

Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

Don't be a dick. Their BS threshold setting is a bit on the low side.

H
Old 02-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Banned

There are really only 6 people involved in the project.

Cavedude, who is also working on PEQTGC, and splits his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but coding (does an awesome job)
Robregen, who is also working on PEQTGC, and split his time between the 2 servers, does not get involved in anything but the DB (does an awesome job)
Secrets, who is also working on x other projects and split his time between all those, does not get involved in anything but coding, sometimes does some GMing(does an awesome job)
Torven, who has been doing most of the work since the project went beta DB wise, does not get involved in anything but DB and Parsing (does an awesome job)

Atri, who has been doing a bit of work on the webpage and account creation page, takes every bug report as a personal criticism, deletes posts from the forums, and got into fights with people on the forums in alpha. Has been invisible since beta launched.

Speedz, his only purpose since Beta launched has been creating a toxic playing environment. You are very welcome to proof me wrong and quote any other work he has done since beta started. He is also the only GM in charge of the community. There are 2 other GMs (Tiny and Zawayne), one of whom is never around while the other has been observed single pulling mobs on his GM character for his regular characters. This has also been reported to Speedz but apparently there were no consequences.

I know this project is going to keep developing on the technical side, there are some very bright and promising people working on it. On the people side of things however, things are looking very bleak. I am having a hard time motivating myself to "fight" my injust ban when all I have to look forward to is more of the same in the future. The guy cant even post a Poll Thread without looking completely biased, shooting down valid points and calling them "off topic" when they don't fit his narrative.

It is basically one person being in charge of everything that doesn't involve Code, and that's bad news for everyone, not just me
Old 02-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Kobold

if someone can PM me and tell me how to get this running on a pc would be great.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sent
Closed Thread