Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

It's best to assume everyone you meet is either trying to scam you or is involved in some RMT scheme.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 03-19-2015, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

I think the real solution to RMT is to provide the names of these people (buyers and sellers) doing RMT to the IRS - I'd guess its pretty unlikely they are paying taxes on their purchases/sales and the IRS can put the hurt down a lot more than p99 staff can.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

If a GM on the server tells you that you shouldn't be transferring, then maybe they should fucking enable the shared bank. What a load of horse shit. That's how they want us to play, then we get in trouble for it and they advise against doing WHAT THEY INTENDED FOR US TO DO.

I was banned days after the RMT wave for nothing. I got unbanned but they made me feel like I did something shady and never apologized... it took like 4-5 days and ruined a whole weekend of playtime.

It left me with a very very sour feeling towards staff on here and I refuse to help people out now with transferring because of my experience. I hope they realize that they are ruining the experience with shit like this. It creates isolation situations where people don't want to open up and be social.
Last edited by girth; 03-19-2015 at 05:58 PM..
Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a GM on the server tells you that you shouldn't be transferring, then maybe they should fucking enable the shared bank. What a load of horse shit. That's how they want us to play, then we get in trouble for it and they advise against doing WHAT THEY INTENDED FOR US TO DO.

I was banned days after the RMT wave for nothing. I got unbanned but they made me feel like I did something shady and never apologized... it took like 4-5 days and ruined a whole weekend of playtime.

It left me with a very very sour feeling towards staff on here.
naw
Old 03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It left me with a very very sour feeling towards staff on here and I refuse to help people out now with transferring because of my experience. I hope they realize that they are ruining the experience with shit like this. It creates isolation situations where people don't want to open up and be social.
pretty well said! I got banned about 2 and a half years ago, for RMT, I was guilty. I started up again a year and a half ago or so; had an account banned because it "looked" like RMT even though the trades were strictly between family; however, still waiting on a response to the investigation in the petition forum since october or so?
Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Well... Lets be honest here.

SOO many people on here have 1 character per account and shared bank won't help, so you will need to transfer anyways. Even those who have 8 characters on 1 account
Old 03-19-2015, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people who spent time getting their accounts unbanned in the last wave would probably disagree with you.

As for OP, I don't think anyone can answer your question. I've wondered the same thing when transferring between characters, but I'd suggest just not worrying about it. If it happens, you'll just have to petition it and (hopefully) you keep your logs on.

The good thing is, the GMs on this server are extremely fair, and Sirken is a boss.
uhhhhhhehhhhhehuhhhhhhhh
Old 03-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

A lot of this could be solved by allowing 2 boxing within limits. Limiting it to non combat within city zones for example. It would be easy for a gm to see the trades all occurred on a shared ISP.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

I don't lim the idea of share bank or boxing for transfers. It destroys community. I think the GMs should award some kinda "oops sorry" benefit to players who are wrongly banned to take a bit of the bite out of it. Personally, it wouldn't bother me as long as th ban was lifted, but might make others less averse to helping with transfers . Probably not though, irrational fears > all :/
Old 03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
That's how they want us to play, then we get in trouble for it and they advise against doing WHAT THEY INTENDED FOR US TO DO.

I also had a toon banned in the recent wave over a completely legitimate transaction, had to prove my innocence, and also never received an apology. While I appreciated some people who knew me going to bat for me, I still have lost virtually all of my desire to play here, have a hard time recommending people help one another anymore, and believe that policies that encourage such isolation are ultimately detrimental to the server.
Eldest 60 Iksar
Last edited by Clever; 03-20-2015 at 10:09 AM..
Closed Thread