Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Skeleton

Angry Your Greatest Corpse Write-Off

Welp, last night, out of insanity and, I suppose, tiredness, I decided to try my luck spurning the services of Norrath's most able Wizards and run my little behind from Qeynos to Freeport. Everything went off without a hitch until I hit Highpass Hold, and out of insanity thought "Hmm, I wonder if this SoW can carry me swiftly past this army of Gnolls..." I'm not even sure that I needed to run explicitly past them, or if my route was even the right way out, but the point is that I wound-up a meal.

Being, as I said, tired, I decided to simply try my luck with the corpse run the following day, and am now thinking that in any case the bulk of my wealth is in the Qeynos bank, the most valuable items on the corpse being a Robe of the Elements and around 70 platinum, I've decided to simply write off the loss.

I just can't be bothered.

So, in light of this, I'm very interested: What are your most devastating, or at least your most valuable corpse write-offs in your whole Everquest experience?

I also recall a lvl 10 Erudite Shadowknight's corpse who was possessing some pretty fly armor back in classic, 1999 EQ whose corpse I left smoldering down in the catacombs outside Nektulous...
Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

gah Don't let it rot! I'll help you get to your corpse.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Skeleton

Dude, it's really no biggy... I can take the hit, I play a mage. The plat is easily replaceable, the only rare-ish drop I had was a gnoll beerkeg (which I can farm blackburrow for if I REALLY wanted it) and the robe itself would have been replaced by an FBR as soon as I hit east commons anyways. Why? Not because it's a better mage robe, because I friggin love the way it looks.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Never written a corpse off. Created a few more and delevelled when trying to get the one with the equipment on, but never written one off.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

my friend wrote off his main's toon corpse bak in 99 when he went on vaction with his family for over a week...he died somewhere in Oasis (was a 20 ish rogue) and his corpse ended up rotting away, lol
Old 12-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Project Manager

I never actually lost a corpse, but I came close.

Sometime shortly before or after Kunark release, I took part in a poorly managed fearplane raid. With the corpse decay timer ticking down.. everyone that had gear still on their corpses showed up to train npcs away from the expiring corpses. We took turns rushing in waves just to reloot our corpses, to restart the timer and eat a death.

Thankfully the next day Da`Kor was wanting something in fearplane, and cleared a path.

Thanks again, whomever is here from Da`Kor.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Large Rat

I can't remember the specifics because it's been about ten years since I played EQ on live; but I once lost everything on my main character, a level 40ish paladin, because I got a little bit too overzealous in my exploration of The Hole!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned

On my Monk in live I solo'd some drachnids and drolvargs very late at night in Dreadlands. I died and then went to bed without getting corpse. Forgot about it the next day and didn't log on my Monk forever. Corpse ended up rotting. I remember he had RoTLC and both pipes for RoTWF, T-Staff and various other gear. When I petitioned to get it back, the best the GM could do for me was give me some kind of "GM booster kit," which was basically a backpack with a bunch of horrible gear.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

If I wasn't in a guild that had folks that could help, I would have likely lost a corpse on live.

I had just turned level 24 as a wizard, and a cleric in our guild told me to come join her in the Temple of Cazic. So I dusted off my new Cazic gate spell and headed over. BAM.

Fortunately, some level 40's were willing to come with me and clear the area so I could loot my corpse.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

My level 20 irl big homie hit my dwarf warrior up with a shitload of gear when I was just starting, probably 1kpp or so just judging by the item names i remember. No idea how he got the money, but I do know that the shit he gave me was worth more than what he was wearing. Big bucks to us 12-year-olds.

Well, I was riding the boat through ocean of tears with my bapes on and I decided to just jump out of the boat and see what kind of zany adventure I'd get into. I started swimming, and kept it up for about a half hour before my grandma came to the door with cookies. I was a big boy home alone, and couldn't ignore it. Being ignorant of the autorun key, my rich ass drowned and my corpse sank to the bottom of the ocean. My friend ragequit and we never spoke again.
Closed Thread