Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped reading at "Amelinda". No explanation needed.
Yeah, I think I know the rogue he's talking about... I have faith that the current staff will handle the matter differently.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Large Bat

With my rogue I always ask my group if its cool if I Pick Pocket to skill up, I have only been told no a few times. I didn't even bother asking in groups in high keep (goblin ears,orc skins). Most groups don't care, and I always pass out the words I get to the casters. Now Pick Pocketing from other groups mobs is just a dick move and will earn you a bad rep. But I have never had the urge to go and steal from another group.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Rogue mains, like Warriors, need all the help they can get leveling and acquiring gear.

I say let em pickpocket all they want huzzah
Old 05-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Aviak

I pickpocket all the time in Seb. I have never once gotten a gem. What I do see is coin, pages and that powder crap. But I always offer the pages to anyone in group who wants them or just discard them on the ground.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue mains, like Warriors, need all the help they can get leveling and acquiring gear.

I say let em pickpocket all they want huzzah
Rogues need the least help. They hold the keys to the best loot.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people who somehow, even with the fucked up economics of coin and money in EQ, think it's OK to poach said coin and money from someone else's mobs were clearly not raised with any regard to how society fucking functions.

Please go ask your mother and father for a refresher course on being a human being, you may need it once you unplug from Norrath. Holy shit.

"I'm not really too sure if this is a right or just thing to do, I have this strange feeling of a conscience creeping up in me, and rather than use any common fucking sense I'm going to go post about it and get a bunch of anti-socials to respond in kind!"

Seriously, your brain does not function like it should. This may be P99 and an emulated game from 15 years ago, but your question says more about you than it does this game.
You sound like great fun to play GTA 5 with Ace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDSilva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GTA 5 is about being a criminal, mayhem and fun. Everquest is a player driven community and an absolute shit game without a community of some sort. It's all about context. I loved the original EQ and the community that developed out of it. The P99 community couldn't hold a keychain flashlight compared to the forest fire that was EQ in its heyday.
I have been playing here for a while and I totally disagree. I find on average the community here to be more mature than on live in 1999-2000. I have had tons of great experiences in groups with strangers. Seen tons of players giving out gear and coin to new players and even hosting player run events with prizes.

The number of players competing for the top content in the game is many multiples here of what it was on live and inevitably creates some drama, but there was plenty of drama over far more basic things like Frenzy and lord camps on live.

Perhaps you have had different experience than I, or you base your expectations of what the server is like on the raid disputes you see on the forums, but I do not think this feeling is common among the 1000s players playing here every day.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

I vividly remember on Live. I spent a whole summer pretty much grinding in Sebilis almost daily with my Rogue main.

Not only were diamonds. ruby crowns, ect ect coming in through pick pocketing frogs but I never got a failed message at skill cap.

Are people here getting STOP! THIEF! messages at skill cap?
Old 05-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I vividly remember on Live. I spent a whole summer pretty much grinding in Sebilis almost daily with my Rogue main.

Not only were diamonds. ruby crowns, ect ect coming in through pick pocketing frogs but I never got a failed message at skill cap.

Are people here getting STOP! THIEF! messages at skill cap?
Yep it can happen.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd second that. With the group's consent it's fine though. You need to get your skill to 200, for epic, before KC / Seb, because people will have a problem with it then.
Don't need anywhere close to 200 to pick for rogue epics. Like 50~ skill is sufficient.
Closed Thread