Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I used to play p1999 two jobs ago and my work load suffered to the point I got fired. Twice. I just didn't care about work. Every time I had to get up and stop playing was a tremendous hassle. (Hello, that's why it's called work!)

Don't start playing games @ work (well maybe WoW cards occasionally) if you value your income/job/stability/not being homeless. It's not worth it if you have a nice job.

Man up and ForumQuest like the rest of us during business hours.

-Director of Information Technology (for a fortune 500 company in the Empire State Building)
Last edited by LoliPops; 09-09-2015 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: *btw, we WILL find out
Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Those poor bastards that were subordinates of LoliPops..... yikes.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliPops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to play p1999 two jobs ago and my work load suffered to the point I got fired. Twice. I just didn't care about work. Every time I had to get up and stop playing was a tremendous hassle. (Hello, that's why it's called work!)

Don't start playing games @ work (well maybe WoW cards occasionally) if you value your income/job/stability/not being homeless. It's not worth it if you have a nice job.

-Director of Information Technology (for a fortune 500 company in the Empire State Building)
Sage advice.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Fire Giant

Literally lol'd. Good thread.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliPops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Kobold

If you're the one in charge of IT and you basically monitor what other people are doing, then the only thing that will get you fired is not getting your shit done. That being said, it's very difficult to get your shit done when you're focused on killing internet dragons.

Best advice is to not do it because you'll probably find yourself playing more and working less as time goes on. I've been playing from the office a bit during the past month and I completely stopped recently because it's a very bad habit to get into and it will creep up on you.
Last edited by simp403; 09-09-2015 at 10:25 PM..
Old 09-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simp403 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're the one in charge of IT and you basically monitor what other people are doing, then the only thing that will get you fired is not getting your shit done. That being said, it's very difficult to get your shit done when you're focused on killing internet dragons.

Best advice is to not do it because you'll probably find yourself playing more and working less as time goes on. I've been playing from the office a bit recently and I completely stopped recently because it's a very bad habit to get into and it will creep up on you.
QFT
Old 09-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Off the top of my head, your boss coming in your office and noticing your binder of maps printed out next to a sock
I laughed out loud.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Kobold

Sadly those fixing your AC so you can enjoy comfy office space don't get to play while we work. Yes..man up and ForumQuest!
Closed Thread