Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Large Rat

Default Necro lvl 17 - when to leave Kurns?

So I've been in Kurns since 12 - great xp and chips, undead fear for 10 mana as well!
When should I be leaving? Is Velious good to go to at any level or should I stick to Kunark? I never played much Kunark on live so I don't know too much about it.
My rogue went to Oasis/UpperGuk/Mistmoore, so I am looking to switch it up a bit.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Get to about 20 in Kurns.

After that, head to LoIo and start killing mobs near the courier camp. If you know what to do (you can look it up on the wiki) you can get a big boost to plat by killing a courier and possibly getting a ring. Stay here until about 20 - 24 (You can do windmill or head to WW giant fort early if you choose)

At around 24, head to WW giants and stay there until 29. With the tunics, hoops, and weapons, you'll make a good amount of plat here.

At 29, I would go to South Karana and do treants until 31. Fantastic platinum to be made here and you'll make upwards of 2k from 29 - 31.

Hope that's helped you out a little bit. I'm leveling a necro and that's the path I took and I'm finding it to be a pretty good time.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Large Rat

Any reason to go to Veilous? Loot?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

The lowest mobs in Velious (in IceClad) are level ~30. It's not a great expansion for EXP.

I'd follow Sesserdrix's guide on the Wiki.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Large Rat

I found the SK mobs were usually contested, WW giants the best xp for me from 22-29. The cougars in Iceclad are good xp starting at 29, but their loot is pretty bad. I leveled 29-35 at Misty guards, there is enough of them that you can generally find one or two open to kill and the loot is good. Bored of the guards now and looking for alternatives for 35+.
Last edited by Dragnath; 03-04-2016 at 09:13 AM..
Old 03-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found the SK mobs were usually contested, WW giants the best xp for me from 22-29. The cougars in Iceclad are good xp starting at 29, but their loot is pretty bad. I leveled 29-35 at Misty guards, there is enough of them that you can generally find one or two open to kill and the loot is good. Bored of the guards now and looking for alternatives for 35+.
You could move to the guards inside Hobbiton. Misty guards are good will 35ish, then actually move in to the town. There are several guards you can kill there up to 40ish.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:20 PM
Kobold

I would stay away from loio... the xp there for me was terrible. I would also stay away from ot. There are just too many roaming mobs to contend with. You can stay in kurns until 20. Even 22 if you really want to but at 20 I would move to east? Karana (whichever zone is connected to highpass). At the bottom of the ramp from highpass there's a bunch of spiders. VERY easy to fear kite from 20-24 and great xp and drop a TON of spider silks. I just bound in ec and could gate back and sell and then run to wc and bum buffs from druids and run back to spiders
At 25 I would do aviak village in south Karana. Just pull blues and kite them around (merchant at top of the aviak city as well that you can sell to) from 26-30 I would do treants in sk as well. Bind at merchant in avian city and go kill treants. They drop a ton of gold and a staff worth 18p. Once you're super overweight gate back to avian city and sell what you have then buy stacks of topaz (basically zero weight and you only lose about 10p per stack in the conversion process). So, when your bags are full of topaz gate back to aviaks, sell all the gems, hit up dial a port and meet them in North Karana and port wc and FD bank in rivervale (use harmshield to run to misty zoneline) by level 30 you should have about 4k
At 30 kill gnolls outside split paw (hell level)
At 31+ if you want more cash, move to rivervale and kill guards. You can fear kite them in a little cubby by the river kinda near the bank and it's great cash (drop a spear for 10 each). Will make about 1k per level here (bind at wc druids and sell there). Otherwise just keep killing outside paw until 35
35+ do giant fort in frontier mountains
Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Visko's leveling path was:

Field of Bone 1-12
Kurns 12-19
Warsilik's Woods, Giant fort 19-29
South Karana, Treants 29-34
West Commons, Druids/Guards 34-39
Oggok Guards and Feerrott/Oasis Specters 39-46
Grobb Guards 46-51
Felwithe Guards 51-54
Wakening Lands, Faerie Dragons 54-56
Wakening Lands, Sentient Armor 56+

Non-stop great Exp and plat. There are better Exp places throughout those ranges, but the Exp:Plat for the above will get you there plenty fast while still earning ~90k of vendor trash by 56.

Should note that Wakening Lands can get you from 51-60 but there are actually better Exp and plat spots, I'm just lazy and go AFK frequently/abruptly.
Last edited by Crawdad; 03-18-2016 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: ,
Closed Thread