Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Default Wolf Form - Slow Animation (running forward)

The Wolf Form animation for running forward is extremely slow and looks odd. It's so bad I don't enjoy playing in Wolf Form anymore.

I am a 3D artist and game designer. I would love to fix this issue. If you provide me with the 3D model and/or animation file(s) for the Wolf, I can slow it's run speed down.

Please let me know. Thanks!

Riverhead - Druid - <Paradox>
Mizard - Wizard - <Paradox>
Old 04-24-2016, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

All those files you already have. You just have to find them in your folder.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Default Where?

I've already looked. I can't find any such file.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

should google more. I would expect more from a designer

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...hp/t-1033.html

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-24-2016, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Google

This doesn't provide access to the actual source files of the 3D models and their respective animations.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:20 PM
Sarnak

EQ model data is not in any nice format, or any well-documented or standardized format at all. Extracting the data and transforming it into a nice format is doable, but getting it back in to the EQ format is harder (it's not a trivial format to understand, and it can't just be plunked back in if any of the data changes size).

But that's all moot anyway: it looks like all of the classic wolf animations are hardcoded. I can make the model fail to load by corrupting its id in the external model data, but editing the keyframe data (e.g. by making them all identical, should appear not to animate at all) produces no change in-game.

They did things like that with some of the really old models.
Last edited by Zaela; 04-24-2016 at 09:23 PM..
Old 04-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

I stand corrected! I was looking at the spirit wolf model which appears to not use the animation data that comes with it (they did stuff like that a lot, too). It inherits animations from regular wolf, which is sensible enough, except that spirit wolf is in a "global" file while regular wolf isn't, and spirit wolf is loaded first ...

Anyway, looks like an easy fix. Extracting the model data and editing it in a fancy-pants 3D modelling program definitely not necessary. You can just edit the transition time between keyframes in-place. Default is 100 milliseconds, 33 milliseconds looks nicer.

I can make a quick patching utility, once I figure out exactly which animation to change ("O01" or "P01", seem like the best bet... I just changed every animation to 33 milliseconds to test).
Old 04-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

It was animation "L02".

Made a utility for editing the speed of this one animation: download link.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Steps:
1) Unzip P99 Wolf Animspeeder.zip (it contains a folder).
2) In the unzipped folder, launch P99 Wolf Animspeeder.exe
3) Point it to your EQ folder when prompted
4) Input a value of your choosing
5) Hit the button

You'll need to fully restart EQ to see changes.

The meat of the code is all in lua scripts provided under /gui/ and /lib/; the executable just starts up the GUI library and the lua interpreter and hands things off.

Notes:
* If your EQ folder is in /Program Files/ or /Program Files (x86)/, you'll need to either run the tool as admin (right click -> Run as administrator) or move your EQ folder somewhere else. The tool makes a backup file in your EQ folder to make it possible to revert the data file it edits; newer Windows versions don't let programs create files in folders under Program Files by default for security reasons.

* If you can't run the tool and it complains about a missing dll, you may need to download and run vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down....aspx?id=30679
Old 04-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

You're always doing some next level shit zaela

Find a way to fix the iksar 2hs animation and I'll father your children
Old 04-25-2016, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find a way to fix the iksar 2hs animation and I'll father your children
Do they do the "sink into the floor while flicking my wrist" anim? If so, they could either change which anim packet is sent from the server, or I could hack together something to write over that anim with another anim's data (maybe the 2hb poke anim?).