Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Aviak

Default New Laptop - Graphic Bug.

Hey so I just bought a new Sony laptop, and I installed EQ and got everything up and running, just have a few problems. Really only one lol.

Once I get into the game all of the words are crazy small, its like im zoomed out on my computer. Then As soon as I get into the game everything gets HUGE, and my graphics start to bug out.

Half of the screen is just purple, blue, green, pink, red, and a whole bunch of other color lines going through the middle of the screen, so I cant tell whats in front of me or anything like that.

I've looked around both sets of forums, but havent been able to find someone with the same problem. Maybe I am looking in the wrongs spots or passed over something but anyone know a fix for this or have a link that could explain how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey so I just bought a new Sony laptop, and I installed EQ and got everything up and running, just have a few problems. Really only one lol.

Once I get into the game all of the words are crazy small, its like im zoomed out on my computer. Then As soon as I get into the game everything gets HUGE, and my graphics start to bug out.

Half of the screen is just purple, blue, green, pink, red, and a whole bunch of other color lines going through the middle of the screen, so I cant tell whats in front of me or anything like that.

I've looked around both sets of forums, but havent been able to find someone with the same problem. Maybe I am looking in the wrongs spots or passed over something but anyone know a fix for this or have a link that could explain how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
What did you use to set up the game to run on the laptop?

Try this.

Have a fresh Titanium Install, and use the installer in my signature to set it up for p99.

Ive used the installer on multiple laptops without any problem at all.

The installer will give you an option of windowed/full screen and resolutions. Make sure you pick what your laptop is specd at.

If you arent sure, pick windowed mode 1280x1024, then go from there (by running the installer again and picking the option to change resolutions).
Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

If it's not a resolution issue try using the "/chatfontsize 1-6" command, but instead of typing 1-6 pick a number in that range.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Will try both of that later tonight. I just ripped it off of my old hard drive, couldnt find the install file and Im using a verizon air card with 5g's a month and slow as piss for internet haha.