Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:42 AM
Orc

Lightbulb Creating Wizard for Strictly Porting

Fellow Norrathians,

I am contemplating creating a Dark Elf Wizard to join Dial-A-Port and try to get high enough to make money porting. Is this a viable solution to start a wizzy to be able to get some good plat on an account?

Also, I'm not looking at high end-raiding or min/maxing, so what stat allocation and deity choice would be the most benefit for this lifestyle? I'm aware Sol Ro gets the ability for the rings.

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2016, 05:00 AM
Kobold

I think you might make more as a druid but certainly a market for wizards too (some people just like a sow etc)... and remember you can port into Plane of Hate and up to Plane of Sky too ^^
Old 12-19-2016, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

How much money are you after? Are you doing this to fund an alt/main? There might be better options, depending on your answers....
Old 12-19-2016, 05:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much money are you after? Are you doing this to fund an alt/main? There might be better options, depending on your answers....
Need to fund getting a wurmy for my 42 Paladin main and to do some slight twink on alts. Trying to build up some plat for the overall account as well.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:23 AM
Kobold

I could talk min/max but I don't think this is the way the OP wants to do it, and rightly so...enjoy the journey ^
Old 12-19-2016, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could talk min/max but I don't think this is the way the OP wants to do it, and rightly so...enjoy the journey ^
I'm not talking about min-maxing. I'm talking about levelling up a wizard for ports versus a druid. Druid can also buff for donations. Druid can most likely find a group faster. Druid can also solo easier...snare at level 1, sow at 14, and charm kiting can be done naked. A druid can also PL his buddies (or strangers for plat.)

To me, that sounds like a better investment for his needs. Alternatively, he could farm on his paladin. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2016, 05:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if youre goal is make platinum this has got to be the dumbest solution of all time

youll make what..500pp an hour porting? if ya lucky? maybe more or less?

and youre gnona spend....100+ hours to level him? aye carumba

just level your trashcan pally and at 50+ form exp groups at big camp drops. that is your best option by far
This.

Wurmslayer is a terrible gear goal for a Paladin anyway.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Wurmslayer is a terrible gear goal for a Paladin anyway.
Sword of Morning it is then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2016, 05:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if youre goal is make platinum this has got to be the dumbest solution of all time

youll make what..500pp an hour porting? if ya lucky? maybe more or less?

and youre gnona spend....100+ hours to level him? aye carumba

just level your trashcan pally and at 50+ form exp groups at big camp drops. that is your best option by far
You have a suggestion on big camps for my trashcan fuckboy Paladin?
Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCrusader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a suggestion on big camps for my trashcan fuckboy Paladin?
I sent you a PM.
Closed Thread