Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Orc

Default Thanks for JBB recomendation!

This thing under 50 really is worth it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can definitely see how it's probably "meh" in the mid 50s plus, but at 49 it's fantastic. Glad I scraped together the coin and splurged and thank you for the advice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Congratulations on getting your JBB. I still remember getting mine both here and on live; it's a pivotal Shaman moment.

I've always loved how it lets you play at being a "battle shaman" instead of always having to hang back and root/rot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. And while it is awesome for leveling, I do still use mine at 60, just not as much.

Now you just need three more items (epic, fungi tunic, and Torpor) to complete the shaman power quadrumvirate ... and really it's more like two items, as the fungi is more of a stepping stone towards Torpor than something you need after Torpor.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-10-2017 at 08:00 PM..
Old 05-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thing under 50 really is worth it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can definitely see how it's probably "meh" in the mid 50s plus, but at 49 it's fantastic. Glad I scraped together the coin and splurged and thank you for the advice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too found the bracer very useful. Depending on your playstyle, I suppose you could find it useful even later.

I imagine having your epic could make the bracer less useful, but anytime you get a half decent nuke that's mana free it should find some use.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose you could find it useful even later.
Yeah, it's certainly not good for soloing in Velious or Kedge or anywhere like that. However it is perfect for when you want to finish off a Seafury Cyclops, or kill a pained soul placeholder faster, or farm lower-level mobs ... all without wasting a mem slot (and mana) on a nuke or having to wait for the epic to ramp up.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:54 AM
Orc

How hard is it to get the shaman epic with the raid scene, as I understand it, heavily "socked"?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How hard is it to get the shaman epic with the raid scene, as I understand it, heavily "socked"?
Get ready for some vitriol (not directed at you but at the "neckbeards").

Basically the shaman epic has ONE bottleneck which is getting a Child's Tear from PoFear. You need to kill one of the three golems (Fright, Dread or Terror) and then sometimes an Iksar Broodling will spawn. This broodling has 1hp and will always drop the no-drop Child's Tear.

What clouds the issue a bit is that the child's tears used to drop much more frequently. That means that up until a certain patch (I want to say about a year ago but I can't remember) the child's tear - which is a turn-in item that triggers an event and can be "MQ'd" was relatively easy to buy for around 20-30k (don't quote me, but I think for a long time the accepted rate was 15k for just the turn-in, 30k for the turn-in plus a raid force to kill the boss in CoM that the turn-in triggers).

Since the aforementioned patch the three Golems in PoFear went from being 8 hour spawns to being three-day spawns. They also had a bunch of loot moved from CT onto the golems. This loot includes several high-valued items for other epic quests etc. This means that the higher end guilds started focusing more on the golems than they had probably done before.

All of this combines to the fact that getting a child's tear - either looting one yourself or buying the turn-in form someone suddenly became a whole lot more difficult. As such you will frequently see people auctioning "WTB" for around 60-75k and not many are selling...

This has left some people feeling very disappointed, especially if they created their shaman thinking the epic was basically a gimme.

Now, having said that, it's definitely not impossibly difficult to get this epic. Compared to a bunch of other classes it's still fairly managable (hello, warrior, bard, necro etc).

I think it's just that a) the shaman epic makes a BIG difference on how effective you can solo so many people take it as a given that they MUST have their epic to have a "real" shaman, and b) the shaman class is VERY popular and as such there are a lot of people still playing up shamans as alts or whatever and finally c) there is a misconception that the shaman epic which was a gimme but has now fallen under the spell of evil neckbeards that "poopsock" the golems constantly and it's impossible for avarage-joe to ever get his/her shaman epic.

I think this last point is an exaggeration. The golems are definitely contested. And if you plan to loot the tear yourself then you need to be in a guild that can compete on these... this does not, however, limit you to uber high end raiding guilds with requirements on numbers of hours spent raiding per week etc... the golems DO spawn more than twice a week and other guilds with more casual approaches also get them from time to time... just don't expect to be able to faceroll your way into the epic is all.
Last edited by nevilshute; 05-11-2017 at 05:09 AM..
Old 05-12-2017, 02:06 AM
Orc

Hmmm, thanks for the info.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

The item drops about 6 to 9 times a week, most of the big raid forces have a decent shot at getting it. Some of these will sell it, others will award it to a player that will use it.

Join the force that matches what you want to achieve and when you can play or have some fun earning some dosh to pay for one.

Thinking of the numbers, there's a new epic shaman every day on p99! Can't be too long until that shaman is you, right?!
Closed Thread