Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-30-2018, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default So I Guess Leather Pants on Humans are not Black?

Ever since I started using leather armor I noticed the pants had this black look, which I assume is not normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Worst part is that though ingame my leather foot armor looks black like the pants, I also assume they are not like that either?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Disregard the white sky, ingame it looks normal, but I guess I might be missing textures ... hmmm[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am beginning to wonder if the Feerrott is actually this green ...

Is there any place I can get regular vanilla textures? I think I might be missing some, and I am under linux, so loose files to drag and drop would be amazing if possible.
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 04-30-2018 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 PM
Banned

black feet thing can be patched(duxainstaller has it) but the black pants are correct for human leather
Old 05-01-2018, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
black feet thing can be patched(duxainstaller has it) but the black pants are correct for human leather
Ahhh awesome! Will look for this! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope it works!
[center]
Old 05-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

Ok there must be something wrong somewhere else, after many failed attempts at transparency fixed textures ... I decided to try the HQ textures here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=280545

All they do is change my armor, but my feet remain missing textures, specifically the leather armor boots.

Wonder what is wrong?

SInce I am on Linux I just dump and overwrite, is there anything else I should be doing to fix those missing textured feet?

Is there an extra value in a txt file I might be missing? or an extra value in an .ini file? I switched from high res to low res and my feet still have black textures

Low Res Textures: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Res Textures: [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Both have feet missing textures for leather armor, wonder what might be happening?
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 05-01-2018 at 03:03 AM..
Old 05-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Banned

may have been incorrect it's been a bit since i used duxa

helms and feet by nilbog
Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
may have been incorrect it's been a bit since i used duxa

helms and feet by nilbog
Those were the same files I used, there are even at the end some "already" patched texture files for either HQ or LQ textures, overwrote them over my own hq textures and nothing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wonder if I am not the only one with this issue, or if the issue is weirdly localized to say only humans with leather boots.

I see all other races armor no problem, plates works perfectly on all the models I have seen around, and have seem some elven and halfling druids no problem too ...

Just wonder if there is no current fix for human leather feet.

Can anyone with some cheap raw hide boots around make a human and check?

If someone else is having the same issue then I will relax, because the problem is texture based, but if I am the only one then there is something weird with the texture itself on my client and I could perhaps try to see if it can be edited or modified [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 05-03-2018, 04:03 AM
Fire Giant

Question

Hmm , I still keep seeing the black leather boots look on human is a very old bug .

I was looking at some quests on the wiki and check this out: https://wiki.project1999.com/Blessed_Oil_Quest

See the picture of Brother Estle ... he suffers from the same lack of leather boot texture issue.

Can anyone at least point me out to the human leather boot armor set? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wonder if I could fix the texture ... hmmm
[center]
Old 05-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sorry I'm super confused at this point...what's the issue?

That's what humans in leather look like Vomotus. You're not missing any textures, the game is just old and shitty...

Nothing is broken, humans have always looked like this until they updated the model. They have black leather pants and solid black feet for leather boots if there's no dye applied to them.

I guess I'm kind of confused what you expected it to look like? This is classic.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

That's just what the boots look like

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disregard the white sky, ingame it looks normal, but I guess I might be missing textures ... hmmm[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am beginning to wonder if the Feerrott is actually this green ...
Yep, you have some kind of weird graphical problem going on here which I've never seen before. It appears certain things are not being rendered on your machine, evidently human leather feet textures and sky textures. Make sure you have the most updated video drivers for your GPU first of all - here's a useful utility for cleaning out/reinstalling display drivers in Windows: https://www.wagnardsoft.com - reboot into safe mode, run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, do "Clean and restart", after rebooting click "Update Display Driver".