Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

wipe blue. plz

twould allow the autists new life
Old 11-26-2018, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you dont raid why do you care about the raid scene?
Because to me, the current raid scene is an injustice to classic eq. And I'm a big contributer of bug reports to make this box more classic.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

If I was in Aftermath I'd start blowing my DKP now
Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Remove all raid rules. Bosses respawn in 3 hours upon death. Knock yourselves out.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid scene needs BDA reinstated with full access to ToV so they can catch up and be competitive

Cmon Chest, return to your homeland!
Nah.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's time for a rotation

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do raid, and in a guild that has never been suspended or had officers banned for RMT! And will continue that way...

Maybe its the players that are broken and not the gms/rules? Go figure.
The only thing that will ever "fix" P99 is rotated content, but it'll never happen. The current state of frothy neckbeards is too entrenched, much in thanks to our dearly departed ex-GM.

At one point, there was a ruleset that allowed smaller guilds a small chance at competing for big mobs, but that changed when a certain guild started making too much noise, so the rules changed to favor the two big dogs.

Sirkenquest was a real thing, and hopefully the community can find some way to fix the top-end raiding, but I think it's far, far too late for that.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

a lot of you think that people like my self that are willing to devote 16+ hours a day for 20 straight days trying to get Mage epic are crazy.

People ask me how i do. "I just do it" i tell them. People ask me how im doing. I tell them this is the life i was meant for. this is my destiny.... my destiny. (camera pans over the landscape of empty pop bottles and cigarette butts)
Old 11-26-2018, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Gimp;2815075]
At one point, there was a ruleset that allowed smaller guilds a small chance at competing for big mobs, but that changed when a certain guild started making too much noise, so the rules changed to favor the two big dogs./QUOTE]

To be fair, the ruleset you mention (I think it was the 30 minute lockout or something) was to allow smaller guilds more time to mobilize after getting FTE. However, this wasn't incentive enough for the smaller guilds.

For one, mariokart was dumbest thing ever. Sitting at a starting line waiting to run and tag a mob was the lamest thing about P99. No small guild really wanted that, they didn't get a 'rush' out of it, and it was more comical than anything.

Secondly, for the smaller guilds, 30 mins may seem an eternity to neckbeards, but these smaller guilds didn't have an army of pre-buffed 60s that were parked near targets in window. It was still too short a time.

Thirdly, in order to compete within the 30 min window, you needed to know how to train mobs up and down and bring that dragon in solo + have all your rag-tag scrub members know how the fight goes. You basically needed to log into a custom server to learn these pulls and study videos... it still takes a well oiled machine to down a dragon in 30 mins from FTE in ToV or even Kael.

So the only thing a small guild would really know how to do is clear to the mob, but there is no way 30 mins would allow for that, and they'd be 1-upped by the neckbeards.

The point is there is blame on both sides: apathy from the smaller guilds not wanting to put time into tracking / racing, but also a ruleset that was still stacked against them where experienced guilds had a stranglehold (which helped enforce the apathy).
Old 11-26-2018, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Just lemme mem up highsun real quick
Closed Thread