Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Check out daybreaks progression servers then. That's the only time you'll see it in EQ anytime soon. Maybe when live shuts down daybreak will let a new server open over here.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

back when p99 started, there were a lot of bugs, pp dups, items dups, etc.
how much pp is in the economy due to these things? we'll never know

also, chardok aoe was churning out the 60's, and buying and selling of accounts was rampant.

fresh start would be great, just with fixed bugs and no selling accounts
Old 02-08-2019, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

If you think Blue is bad wait until you see the level of psychosis that will rule every single cash camp on a Green server. Spoiler, you ain't getting any of the rare shit you are thinking you are.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

People will be quitting their jobs (the ones that have them) to get on that manastone/guise hype.

Personally I plan to hold the camp for 12-18 hours a day, pass it off to a pal... and together we'll corpse dozens or have one sell while one camps. Can't wait <3
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone else think that if Green ever does come out, that they shouldn't put items in the game that were later removed because they were deemed too powerful (i.e. Manastone, Elder Beads, CoS, etc.)?
I do.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Two words that separate blue's release and green's release...

KIOLA
NUT
Old 02-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think Blue is bad wait until you see the level of psychosis that will rule every single cash camp on a Green server. Spoiler, you ain't getting any of the rare shit you are thinking you are.
I must have misstated myself in the OP. I don't want a manastone or mask of tinkering or what have you; I want a fresh start.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 02-08-2019 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Green is going to be a nightmare. 6000+ people flooding the server fighting over guises and manastones.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00r5tuD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is going to be a nightmare. 6000+ people flooding the server fighting over guises and manastones.
I have a hard time seeing how the madness will spill out of Guk. Sure there will be tourists, every fresh server has tourists, but that will die down pretty quickly as people lose interest. I doubt that many thousands will seriously invest the time it takes for your character to even get those camps in that time frame.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 02-08-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Old 02-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00r5tuD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if you just took the 75% of blues pop that would likely move over for at least a few months, the server would way over populated for the classic content and a total a shit show. I kinda want it to happen just to see the outbursts from naive newbies when their hopes and dreams are utterly crushed by the no lifers.

Right now it's incredibly easy for a new player to break into P99. Gear is cheap, mobs are still loot pinatas, leveling is fast, and there are plenty of places to go and kill stuff. And people are still bitching about places being too crowded and gear being too expensive. Can you imagine how fun RnF will be when literally every decent camp in the game is perma locked down by the top nolifers and people log on for weeks at a time without being able to progress all while watching item prices skyrocket beyond anything they could hope to attain while being a functional human being? How many rusty weapons do you need to sell to save up 25k for an FBSS?