Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Aoe aggro is the only real reason for vyemm whip / rune proc in general.

But I'd say trident is overrated , get green scales, do epic then use anything in offhand
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Feverblade primary, Sword of the Shissar secondary....
Old 04-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I'd say trident is overrated , get green scales, do epic then use anything in offhand
The warrior epic is a far inferior agroe weapon to trident though and they have the same HP.... once the red blade can be used offhand, the best agroe-focused combinations for raid tanking will be trident primary + red sword or sword of the shissar secondary. The epic is basically garbage until the red blade can be used in the secondary slot....
Last edited by Dillusional; 04-27-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Old 04-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior epic prob better than any of that
warrior epic is clearly an inferior agroe weapon to sword of the shissar, it does give you an extra 25hp and 5sv all though. Primary only with a 14/24 ratio and only 600 agroe per proc.... at least the latest patch that capped the amount of agroe you got from the non-damage components of a proc brought the warrior epic back into the game. Before people were just using it because it worked good enough, had decent enough stats and was more of a prestige thing than anything....
Last edited by Dillusional; 04-27-2019 at 02:11 PM..
Old 04-27-2019, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before people were just using it because it worked good enough, .....

Boom
Frostbringer , infestation, doesnt matter , they all work good enough
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-27-2019, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

The sperglord spreadsheet suggests:

Upgraded Jagged Blade of War 78.8
Feverblade, Bane of the Shissar Sword of the Shissar 76.4
Blade of Strategy Sword of the Shissar 73.8
Willsapper Blade of Strategy 73.6
Blade of Strategy Trident of the Deep Sea 73.5
Veldrak Veridix 73.3
Howling Cutlass Sword of the Shissar 73.2
Sword of the Shissar Blade of Strategy 73.2
Upgraded Gaudralek, Sword of the Sky 71.1
Infestation Frostbringer 66.6

Values in hate per second. Procs are 400 hate plus damage. 'Upgraded' refers to the 2H damage bonus.

TLDR: as stated, it just doesn't matter. People like the red epic because it looks cool and it has +15 STA for those of us who didn't roll fatty. The real Warrior weapons for Velious are the Sceptre of Destruction and the Blade of Carnage, and no one has those, so <shrug>
Old 04-27-2019, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Procs are 400 hate plus damage.
Thanks for the info there Raev, that's super helpful. If I am understanding what you said there correctly, the DD aspect of a proc is points of hate in addition to the poison / disease counters? So for example, the Feverblade has 4 disease counters causing 400 hate, and then a 110dd making the total hate of the proc 510. And the epic proc has the effect of +400 hate as part of the proc, and an additional 100dd totaling in 500 hate per proc. Or is that all bundled together as part of the proc cap and still only generates 400 hate regardless of whatever DD / DoT goes along with the proc? If it's the former, then it seems the best hate generating weapons will be procs that have a good DD in addition to poison / disease counters, and of course weapons that also produce good white damage.

Also, I've assumed trident is considered BiS because it is equal to the other weaps in terms of hate produced, but has the benefit of helping to land an early slow, or slowing otherwise unslowable mobs, plus the 50hp and 10 stamina are nice. I am also curious if the lower skill cap of piercing weapons makes them slightly less effective in terms of hate generated due to less white damage agro.

I understand a lot of this is moot and any of these will get the job done, but to me theory crafting and trying to understand game mechanics better is interesting, so thanks to everyone more knowledgeable for contributing!
Last edited by remen; 04-27-2019 at 11:08 PM..
Old 04-28-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Sakuragi's Warrior Guide has a pretty reasonable tutorial on the basics of threat generation, but I wrote it before the proc cap of course.

More than you ever wanted to know.

The short version, though, is that with the cap all aggro procs are pretty comparable, so the ratio of the weapon is the main difference.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by remen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of agro, my understanding is that it basically is the same as heal agro, so 150hp rune = 150points of agro. What the silver whip has going for it is a great ratio but idk if that overcomes a weaker proc.
Rune aggro is 2x HP of the buff, but I think there is a witness check, so it will not produce hate every time.
Closed Thread