Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming with low cha at low levels with no HP gear? Sounds like a nightmare.
Level 1-11 (pre-charm) is worse than that.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring. If you’re borderline competent and paying attention it is not hard to manually cast a cheap invis with 95%+ the effectiveness of an instaclick ring. If you’re a race or class that has hide (like my druid) you can avoid having to actually cast invis 50% of the time.

Gob ring is a neat luxury item but nowhere close to a requirement to charm solo effectively. It saves you mana and some kill time but if I’m honest ... in the time you spent either farming this ring on blue or saving the money needed to buy it you could have gotten a lot more total xp over time by skipping it and just hunting. Farming one can take 2-12 hours depending on luck. At 500p an hour it’ll take 10-12 hours saving up for one. Leveling up to 60 with one (compared to without one) is not going to take 10 hours longer. Invis is cheap to cast and any leftover extra hp on mobs is not hard to compensate for.

Neat toy, but not as critical as many would have you believe.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-03-2019 at 12:19 AM..
Old 07-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Having this for the 50-60 grind is nice (and you can have one for that in Kunark).

The 1-50 grind though isn't really that bad without it, especially since (I find at least) that grouping is the easiest way to level in vanilla as a chanter.

I wouldn't pick DE just for the instant hide, but to each their own.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Hide isn't 50/50. I think at 50 skill its 36%? Still great of course. Dark Elves are fabulous regardless
Old 07-03-2019, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring. If you’re borderline competent and paying attention it is not hard to manually cast a cheap invis with 95%+ the effectiveness of an instaclick ring. If you’re a race or class that has hide (like my druid) you can avoid having to actually cast invis 50% of the time.
Yeah, same. I forget which was cheaper, invis vs animal or the low rank, self only camo, but I always just cast it. The mana cost is minimal. The only real downside is you maybe lose a med tick cause you need to stand a little sooner, that and the occasional pet death, though rare if you are paying attention.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

Cloudy potion for when you *need* an instant click, otherwise your fastest invisible ability/spell.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I charmed maybe half my levels on my druid and all my levels 56-60 and never had a clicky invis ring.

Neat toy, but not as critical as many would have you believe.
agree 100%
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Closed Thread