Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

I really feel like reading through these responses, that most of these people were not around for the launch of blue or red servers

But hey why should that stop anyone from wild speculation
Old 09-21-2019, 03:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if I repeat any information.

The server first 50 on Blue was Galahad the Barbarian Shaman. As far as I remember it was two roommates who alternated "shifts" to solo the character to 50. They then alternated "shifts" to solo the Shaman with Sever the Warrior in group AFK to get Sever to be the server first 50 Warrior.

I think there will be a sacrifice to get the server first 50. I could see things like two people duoing up into their late 30s, early 40s, and then having one person sacrifice their own experience by being out of group and letting the other person get full exp. Effectively doubling someone's killing speed.

I could have seen a dedicated bard getting ahead of the curve and getting to some of the Karana zones to themselves and rushing to 50. However with the recent Bard AoE findings, that may be jeopardy.

The server first 50 will definitely be someone soloing or duoing to max level. The soloers all hit level 50 so much faster than the groupers the first time around.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

I have done zero research and am about to but I remember on lives first tlp Nagy was killed in 3-4 days, I saw a link to the magelos of every character and 90% of them were nakeds that just zerged. I will now try to go find that infos cus its a memory and as we all know, 4 may sometimes seem like 46 lol
Old 09-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server first 50 will definitely be someone soloing or duoing to max level. The soloers all hit level 50 so much faster than the groupers the first time around.
Though I do agree with you, when I was playing a druid on blue just recently I grouped with 5 other people that were doing it no buffs and only self geared, and by the time we were 22+ in upper guk grouping the exp like started SCREAMING compared to all the naked soloing.

That said I totally agree with you, but am wondering if we're just getting really good at grouping pve content on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: doh, I'm suddenly realizing if over population is an issue that totally would not be the case at all and it would favor the solorers so duhhhh never mind.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it sad that, as adults probably in our late 30's and early 40's, anyone is rushing for server firsts on a Private server of a 20 year old game. Sit back and enjoy the game and make some new friends.
I always get confused when someone says "20 year old game." Implying that the worthiness of an activity in a game is somehow inversely proportionate to its age. Would it be ok for people of whatever age range you suppose to get server firsts in a brand new game?

Who cares how old it is? If you're here playing it you probably regard it as the best game ever. I know I do, I have zero interest in playing the most popular trash of the day.

And, generally, older stuff is better. Modern music is complete junk, all the best music is well over 100 years old.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Chess is a 2k year old game and people still play it.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but we still cant beat robots at it lol
Old 09-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but we still cant beat robots at it lol
You win by default if you pull the plug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is always someone that wants to be first, that's fine. Hell the WoW Classic server they even had folks that were paid to stream and be first and they still lost to a guy soloing to top level.

To each their own.
Closed Thread