Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-26-2019, 08:40 AM
Orc

Default Frequent Crashes (Green)

Hey whats up guys, first off thanks for reading my post and I appreciate anyone trying to assist me.

I started playing on Green this morning when the servers went live and everything was fine for at least a few hours into my session when I started experiencing DC issues. I had a Twitch stream up on my second monitor that never seemed to have any interruptions/connection problems when I was getting DC'd from P99. Now I have changed the compatibility of my Eqgame.exe file to an older version of Windows and I have also gone through the normal process of double checking my internet connection.

While in the game my ping is completely normal and I dont experience any lag, I just seem to randomly go LD about every other 30 minutes or so.

The only possible thing I have come up with is that I live in the Northern California region and that due to the local wildfires my ISP has some how scaled back the internet in my region. Again this has never affected my ability to run something like Twitch seemingly without hiccups but when I spoke to a guide in game after trying to find some possible solution to this he said that EQ in general isnt good at recovering from hiccups with your connection.

Anyway, is there anything anyone out there can think of that could be causing this beyond just an unstable internet connection? If so please do let me know. And if you do believe its just my connection, is there anyway to adjust EQ to possibly mitigate the issue I'm having?

Cheers
Old 10-26-2019, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Its your internet
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:54 AM
Orc

Yeah, it has to be. Sorry if the post wasted anyone's time. Was just wondering if there was something out there I hadn't thought of/don't know about.