Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-10-2020, 07:39 PM
Large Rat

Default Hotbar Buttons Font

Hello everyone -- I've tried searching these forums quite awhile for an answer, but to no avail

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, my hotbar buttons are black until I mouse over them. Then they turned to white. I've tried everything I could think of to make the font white (or at least readable). I've swapped from default UI to velious AI. I've tried resetting the button and opening and closing the hotbar. I am just at a loss.

Any suggestions for how to fix?

Many thanks!
Old 05-10-2020, 07:53 PM
Aviak

The place you change the text color for the hotbar is in EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml. If you want white text you need to either manually change it yourself or find and download a Hotbar that has white text.

The one from QQui, for example, has white text.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:02 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimgor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The place you change the text color for the hotbar is in EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml. If you want white text you need to either manually change it yourself or find and download a Hotbar that has white text.

The one from QQui, for example, has white text.
That's actually interesting because I did download QQui and use that and still had the same text. I think I did find the part of the XML file, but I do not know what program to use to modify it. Tried using notepad but it tried to save as a .txt. What program would be good to use and edit a .XML?

Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Notepad++ is my go-to, but you can use regular old notepad and then change the file extension back to XML. Just don't insert carriage returns etc or it'll muck up the formatting and break it (make a backup copy of the file first).

-Mcoy
Old 05-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notepad++ is my go-to, but you can use regular old notepad and then change the file extension back to XML. Just don't insert carriage returns etc or it'll muck up the formatting and break it (make a backup copy of the file first).

-Mcoy
Thank you! I managed to fix it. Had to dig through the file and find "<Text Color>" under "<Button item = "HB_Button1">" Looks like I need to manually edit each button, but at least its fixable.

For anyone curious it looked like this:

<TextColor>
<R>255</R>
<G>255</G>
<B>255</B>
</TextColor>

They values were at zero, setting them like this made it white.

Whew. That was crazy.