Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default IP blocked

My client crashed and when I tried to log back in to the server, first it said that there was an active character and I couldn't log in (which I remember happening back in retail). So, I waited a few minutes and tried to log in again. This time, it said that the IP has "temporarily blocked this server".

How do I get that IP block lifted?
Old 04-11-2020, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Usually just have to wait a few minutes and then you can log back in

If the client crashed and still has a rogue process running that didnt close.. You will need to kill the eqgame.exe process or restart the PC to clear it out
Old 04-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Issue solved

Well, the problem wasn't that the client crashed or that a process was still running - it's that I couldn't log back in due to the fact that my IP address was temporarily blocked.

I found out why that was, though. My wife had just finished installing the game and had logged in while I was still waiting for my character to stop being active on the server. In order to prevent multi-boxing on P99, the game doesn't allow more than one connection to a specific server (red/blue/etc) at a time. Since she and I are on the same internal home network and she was logged in at the time, I couldn't log in.

However, there's a specific petition process to request permission for multiple computers using the same IP address to connect to the same server at the same time. It can take a month or more to get such a petition answered and permission validated (and right now, it could probably take a lot longer), but hopefully sometime in the not-too-distant future, she and I will be able to once again play together.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:04 PM
Large Rat

Default IP Blocked

I'm running into this same issue; my girlfriend wants to play EQ with me and we can't since we're on the same home network. Do you have any information or a link to the petition process for this?
Old 05-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchijin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm running into this same issue; my girlfriend wants to play EQ with me and we can't since we're on the same home network. Do you have any information or a link to the petition process for this?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...ement.php?f=25
IP Exemption
https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25