Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-24-2020, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation Game Freezes on Character Select When Selecting a Character

My game just recently started to freeze on the character select when I go to log in with any character. If I don't select a character it doesn't freeze. After about 5 minutes it boots me back to the main login screen. I haven't changed any setting or installed anything. It was working fine yesterday. I've restarted and waiting about an hour and same thing.

I looked around and didn't see this issue on the forums when selecting a character. I did connect to green server last night by mistake without a separate install. Would this be the issue? or has this happened to anyone else?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Have you found any way to fix this yet?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Just tried a fresh install and no luck. Same issue is happening.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was able to use my phone with WIFI off as a mobile hot spot and logged in, may have something to do with ISP.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

After waiting the 5 minutes trying to log a character in, I get "Server Not Responding" and that's when I get kicked back to the login screen. I've been playing for quite a while and it has always worked great. Very strange that I'm getting this problem all of a sudden.
Last edited by Bondrake; 03-24-2020 at 12:39 PM..
Old 03-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by atech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to use my phone with WIFI off as a mobile hot spot and logged in, may have something to do with ISP.
My computer is connected into my router/modem with an Ethernet cable. I don't want to do hotspot or wifi. Not sure what changed, I was playing yesterday.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Just an update, It does allow me to enter the game with any character using a hotspot. Not sure what's going on. I haven't changed any settings on my router etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

Seemed to have fixed itself!
Old 03-25-2020, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seemed to have fixed itself!
I love the jankyness of P99, its just that way sometimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If anyone else sees this on a search - check if you can log into other servers on the list like PEQ/Hidden Forest, just to see if its a P99 thing.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love the jankyness of P99, its just that way sometimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If anyone else sees this on a search - check if you can log into other servers on the list like PEQ/Hidden Forest, just to see if its a P99 thing.
I found out that it was the VPN that I was using for work causing this issue for whatever reason. All you need to do is unplug your modem and plug it back in while being disconnected from the VPN.