Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i9-9900k, 32k ram, Nvidia GeForce 2080 ti
Old 07-10-2021, 09:20 PM
Orc

Ok, checking back.

Was having trouble connecting again (7:45 CST) tonight. I was able to get to the server select screen without issue this time and could see all servers, however it would give one of the error messages each time I tried to join the (blue) server through ~5 attempts.

Setup hotspot on phone and tried connecting through that and was unable to even get to the server select screen.

After reconnecting my ethernet I was able to login and join without issue. I did freeze while attempting to zone but was able to reconnect and zone fine.

While it certainly could be my connection, it is a bit strange to me that this has never happened to me before over the years but happens almost daily now. This plus that it happens with my friend at the same times, and only during this timeframe, makes me suspicious.

Like OP my internet connection and PC are well beyond what would be needed and have been connecting fine for years until now.
Old 07-10-2021, 11:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I have no idea why I can't log on. I'm not wifi, my speed is okay. I can log on the forums. However, I get a "DB Error - Invalid Password". I'm not sure what that means...I'm not using strange characters alpha and number only. So I'm hoping someone can give something I can try to get connected.

Mark
Old 07-12-2021, 12:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

At Marniceq, the password your typing in is incorrect. Try another password.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Also, if you're using the numpad to enter numbers - sometimes the client doesn't pick up on numlock state. Try using the number keys on top of your keyboard.

-Mcoy
Old 07-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Orc

did these steps and nothing has changed, maybe there are more options?
Old 07-12-2021, 10:01 AM
Kobold

Made a post yesterday but this is the exact issue I am running into as well .. tons of blank screens and failed attempts, isn’t my internet as I checked speedtest etc.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Also 90% of the time I get to the login screen none of my toons appear and it's just 8x Create a new character.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:39 PM
Orc

Question for everyone else dealing with this issue. Is this happening to you all the time or only during certain timeframes?

As I mentioned earlier this is only happening to me during primetime U.S. hours. I play often during the day and later at night and have never (so far) had issues during these times.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Every time I have tried it happens to me, I have only successfully logged in once in the past 3 days. Never had these issues the past 9 or so years I've been playing p99 on and off