Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Making a rogue, need some gear advice

Hey guys, thinking about making a rogue given that there's a real dropoff in the rogue population (or seemingly so).

Got about 10k to spend on gear, really want a decent pair of weapons, or at least a decent primary weapon...just wondered what people would recommend from experience? They say it's better to have a large damage item in the primary and a good ratio weapon in the secondary? Quite new to the class, going mostly on hearsay.

Any help/advice would be great.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Slime Coated Harpoon / Jade Mace

Then whatever you can find on armour. Any better weapons will be too expensive most likely or leave you naked. You might get a Bone Razor for like 5k if you're very lucky, 7-8k if you're like the rest of us.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They say it's better to have a large damage item in the primary and a good ratio weapon in the secondary?
That is pretty much the entirety that you need to know about rogue. High str items are good, too, of course. Slime Coated Harpoon is about 1300pp and is a 10/25 primary piercer. I don't know too much else about rogue gear on this server.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Aviak

Make another class unless you have alot of friends you can group with it. If not enjoy the hours sitting around lfg.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

good weapons, go for something like gloomwater harpooon i think for MH (damage is all that matters) and all STR and +HP gear

Don't even bother with AC on a rogue, AC is sorta broken on 99 and AGI/Dodge is more important also if you play it right you will rarely have agro. I still wouldn't focus on AGI.

Rogues can be awesome and devastating, but it is really hard to level one without a group of friends. Gear doesn't really change a thing as the most twinked out rogue is still gonna be hard to level past 30 solo.

I think if your very good at building a report with other players you could do well. Rogues are much more reliant on groups then any other class so the skill in playing them is psychological more then tactical.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 07-18-2011 at 01:44 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

I love my rogue. He's about 1/4 through 45 and these days I can only play on weekends.
I don't get a TON of groups, but I know where to look and can usually track down a spot. If not, I do have alts.

I'd suggest a gloom harpoon, the str and hp helps early on. Plus it's cheap.

I'd list everything out, but just click my signature and you can see a decent gear setup.
You'll mix and match certain items depending on how much mithril you can get. A high STR item like TBB can also change things up a bit too.

Good luck!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make another class unless you have alot of friends you can group with it. If not enjoy the hours sitting around lfg.
From experience I think most classes struggle to get groups just straight off. Have toyed with a tank and a healer class in the past and its really going to be the same situation of just knowing where to look.

I don't mind sitting with LFG on, I think as long as I'm either in a neutral spot (such as EC where there's porters nearby) or at a relevant zone a group will find me eventually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Overall some great advice guys - not managed to find a slime covered harpoon yet, but wielding a gloom poon and its certainly doing some nice damage, appreciate the response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Here are some tips for leveling a rogue.

- Find a good spot for your level and stay there, let the regulars get to know you.
- Be the guy who invites and holds the list. So much easier to make a group then to LFG

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are some tips for leveling a rogue.

- Find a good spot for your level and stay there, let the regulars get to know you.
- Be the guy who invites and holds the list. So much easier to make a group then to LFG
True. Honestly never had a problem getting groups levelling my Paladin to 40-

Don't be afraid to tell every single person in your level range asking to group up. Someone will bite =)

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Closed Thread