Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of all the shitty drug-addicted shut-ins who have slowly bled the souls of support staff to come to hate the project and its player base, she wanted to talk to me, me of all people. "What the hell do I know," I asked, "And why you tailing me?" "You only move between two rooms, I use heat goggles." "Oh," I said, wondering why now, why tonight, why this time.

There we go.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is and cannot be a "museum" server, there are too many unclassic changes, and the fact that P99 uses the DODH client, because they couldn't manage to make a working client. Lookin at you, Nilbog when you were an eqclassic.org Dev.

TAKP is the only museum server, they use the IN ERA client, because someone walked out of verant with that software on a disk.

So many people here cry about classic this or that, but then when someone explains that TAKP literally is the exact same game as played in 2002, they shut down, plug their ears and chant la la la la la after the mention of 3 boxing.

If you wanna single box, and get pissed that others can 3 box, then you are a childish ignorant bastard with no friends and has to find their social acceptance by sitting in KC LCY thinking to yourself, "5 other live human beings have accepted me into their XP group, therefore I am a valid human existance"

fucking pathetic, the lot of you.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2022, 02:47 PM
Banned

based or cringe no elf friends poster
Old 06-13-2022, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
based or cringe no elf friends poster
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 60 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands Oysterbeard - Green99 - 57 Cleric
Lobstarz Hands - Green99 - 53 Enchanter
Lobsterqueen - Green99 - 52 Paladin
#FreeWuTang
Old 06-14-2022, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is and cannot be a "museum" server, there are too many unclassic changes, and the fact that P99 uses the DODH client, because they couldn't manage to make a working client. Lookin at you, Nilbog when you were an eqclassic.org Dev.

TAKP is the only museum server, they use the IN ERA client, because someone walked out of verant with that software on a disk.

So many people here cry about classic this or that, but then when someone explains that TAKP literally is the exact same game as played in 2002, they shut down, plug their ears and chant la la la la la after the mention of 3 boxing.

If you wanna single box, and get pissed that others can 3 box, then you are a childish ignorant bastard with no friends and has to find their social acceptance by sitting in KC LCY thinking to yourself, "5 other live human beings have accepted me into their XP group, therefore I am a valid human existance"

fucking pathetic, the lot of you.
I just enjoy interacting with more people in a game that's supposed to be fun to play with people. I don't find the idea of me and another guy 3 boxing a full group as very entertaining. I like knowing that on P99 most of the characters I run into aren't being boxed (although I'm sure some are); makes the world more fun and vibrant.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

p99 gonna get a pop boom after 99% can't afford to play wow anymore?
Old 06-14-2022, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just enjoy interacting with more people in a game that's supposed to be fun to play with people. I don't find the idea of me and another guy 3 boxing a full group as very entertaining. I like knowing that on P99 most of the characters I run into aren't being boxed (although I'm sure some are); makes the world more fun and vibrant.
It feels the guys who are like “ I can just 3 box at 110% the efficiency of a full group of strangers” are somewhat missing the point, but more power to them for finding their own way to enjoy them self.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-14-2022, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It feels the guys who are like “ I can just 3 box at 110% the efficiency of a full group of strangers” are somewhat missing the point, but more power to them for finding their own way to enjoy them self.
Yeah, and sadly the ratio of those kind of people versus the others is growing year after year.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:11 PM
Skeleton

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...xx_diss_track/
Old 06-21-2022, 10:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
so you were careful to avoid IP problems that way, but you had something else to work off of.

i've heard from multiple sources that someone ganked a hard drive and left verant
You've heard wrong.

The preservation of EQMac is possible because of its contributors collecting data from zones before shutdown, and due to the same collection of data from years past.

Torven has spent years parsing. He's been AFK in zones letting NPCs beat on him, comparing logfiles submitted to him, video evidence, among other sources.

In the case of the Grimling War, it existed on AK, so we have video footage of the event, and also Prathun put the Grimling War on the EQLive test server in ~2018-ish as a test to see if he could restore the original population - hint, he could not, but we got info from the half-baked scripts that were on there as to where stuff spawned.

Combat formulas are actually in the client, and if you follow the assembly well enough combined with hints the developers provided, you can find accurate info on every NPC.

Total ATK on NPCs was actually send in the spell packet on TAKP and live, which allowed us to get the tohit for each NPC which is the value after all calculations for damage. That allowed us, along with dev quotes, to restore combat with 98% accuracy.

P99 has done similar. Nilbog's work on zone population was invaluable and 100% accurate. Nilbog made sure to get stuff like the NPCs that wander from Qeynos -> Highkeep and back again accurate, among other cross-zone NPCs that wander the globe that no one thinks of even observing. He's AFK'd in cities to get random NPC chatter. Little things like that keep the game feeling alive.

Little bits like that combined, too, are what made TAKP possible. A lot of the EQEmu devs share information between each other. Including unlikely sources. For example, Harakiri has contributed a lot of that information back to TAKP, and Harakiri actually uses TAKProject's DB as the basis for EQClassic's auditor test. Nilbog has been shared information on NPCs that TAKP also has, and as far as I know, Rogean also implemented proper formulas for the era including the AC hardcap rather recently (believe in time for green launch?)

We've been able to do some incredible stuff over the years thanks to all collaborators on every emu working loosely together. I'd love to be able to implement my custom labels stuff on P99, for instance. That'd let P99 have accurate HP / Mana / Endurance formulas that are server driven, as well as solve clientside issues like the fact that stamina cannot be used as its original implementation dictated for melee swings.

I'd also like to take a stab at restoring the old boats, but I'd probably have to work with someone like Xackery on that so we can implement the proper hitboxes and collision boxes for boats. I think it's about time that we get that working for real. Been about a decade and I know so much more now.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle