Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 07-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Okay so what xpac is the private server you play on in so that is a logical comment
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-28-2023, 07:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a big twink+era factor here. Twinked monks are ridiculous at this stage of the server. And now even an untwinked a monk probably has a 23/28 Wu's Quivering Staff in Sol A. But pre-kunark there's no regen tunic and that monk is weilding what, 8/36-10/34 ratio bare fists?
Ya I meant only considering the ability to twink a char out, and by twink I mean actually spending some pp

If I can scrap together more than 40k pp playing super casually over a few years never camping any item, anyone can
Old 07-28-2023, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so what xpac is the private server you play on in so that is a logical comment
Not sure if you were referring to me, but you’d have to be playing on one where you could use a hotkey to increase a mob’s level after you charmed it to make it do more damage than it normally could

A chanter charming can only do as much damage as the mobs around him, the animation will even do more damage than these up until the 30’s or 40’s. A twinked melee like a monk can do much more damage than that

So sitting and watching 2 mobs miss miss miss miss hit hit miss miss miss etc for 2-5 minutes waiting for them to get low and break charm to kill both….is slower than a twinked monk coming in and blitzing both down separately

Note: this is in regards to leveling 1 to whenever mob damage gets more ridic
Old 08-01-2023, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if you were referring to me, but you’d have to be playing on one where you could use a hotkey to increase a mob’s level after you charmed it to make it do more damage than it normally could

A chanter charming can only do as much damage as the mobs around him, the animation will even do more damage than these up until the 30’s or 40’s. A twinked melee like a monk can do much more damage than that

So sitting and watching 2 mobs miss miss miss miss hit hit miss miss miss etc for 2-5 minutes waiting for them to get low and break charm to kill both….is slower than a twinked monk coming in and blitzing both down separately

Note: this is in regards to leveling 1 to whenever mob damage gets more ridic
Your take on this is so strange. I've never heard any enchanter complain they aren't doing enough damage.

You realize when you send a pet into 2-3 mobs....you need to include the mobs DPS on your pet towards the total.

Even 1 on 1 its basically double if not slowing / haste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Yeah and it's also really strange because there's no way the animation does as much damage as it charmed monster in the 30s and 40s. I mean the higher level monsters in unrest hit for 50 to 60? And especially when you get into the 30s and higher there's no way a summoned animation can even come close to that
Old 08-01-2023, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and it's also really strange because there's no way the animation does as much damage as it charmed monster in the 30s and 40s. I mean the higher level monsters in unrest hit for 50 to 60? And especially when you get into the 30s and higher there's no way a summoned animation can even come close to that
Yeah level 55 pet Zumaik’s max hit is like 55ish, if I recall. I use it sometimes for farming greens

However, its swing rate is considerably faster, even unbuffed. It also doesn’t miss nearly as often, its accuracy is really good. Mob accuracy is pretty shitty at all levels

You cannot go off max hit alone as the end all be all on dps, someone would have to actually parse it. I’m sure someone has and it would be interesting to see where the mob dps truly outpaces the animation
Old 08-01-2023, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your take on this is so strange. I've never heard any enchanter complain they aren't doing enough damage.

You realize when you send a pet into 2-3 mobs....you need to include the mobs DPS on your pet towards the total.

Even 1 on 1 its basically double if not slowing / haste.
I was saying enchanters at early and mid levels are not nearly as strong as a twinked melee when it comes to dps and solo speed

You can try to twink an enchanter, but it has zero effect on their overall dps
Old 08-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Banned

Best way to twink a low/mid Enchanter is if it can pick up Gift of Pure Thought (c2) from a 59 or 60 ENC. The extra mana regen will really change what you are capable of.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can try to twink an enchanter, but it has zero effect on their overall dps
I mean...thats not true.

Max cha from twink items = less charm breaks = more damage per hour

Not to mention having a ton more HP/AC so you can keep going after some bad charm breaks.

Throw in a Z heart and a Manna robe and you're good to go.

Your hyper-focus on what an enc pet is actually swinging for is incredibly near-sighted. I guarantee you I'd be able to level Toxigen (de-leveled to 5) faster than my monk to 50...and I'd completely blow it out of the water to 60. Sure, the monk would have a lead through the 30s but then I'd come roaring on by in the 40s for sure.

As soon as you said "i like to sit near the mob to see the damage" in another thread/post... I knew you were a lost cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-02-2023 at 10:37 AM..
Old 08-02-2023, 11:29 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean...thats not true.

Max cha from twink items = less charm breaks = more damage per hour

Not to mention having a ton more HP/AC so you can keep going after some bad charm breaks.

Throw in a Z heart and a Manna robe and you're good to go.

Your hyper-focus on what an enc pet is actually swinging for is incredibly near-sighted. I guarantee you I'd be able to level Toxigen (de-leveled to 5) faster than my monk to 50...and I'd completely blow it out of the water to 60. Sure, the monk would have a lead through the 30s but then I'd come roaring on by in the 40s for sure.

As soon as you said "i like to sit near the mob to see the damage" in another thread/post... I knew you were a lost cause.
It’s definitely not as much of a dps increase as melee twink items give. Cha matters far less for charm breaks than your level vs mob level and mob Mr. Cha is MOSTLY for avoiding critical lull resists last I heard….expert. Think you would sneak that one past? The dps difference between average cha and max cha is literally negligible. Not to mention you don’t need big twink money to get max cha. I just turned in bandit sashes and made enough pp for nearly max cha budget gear by level 15

Whatever cause you had, I never wanted to be a part of to begin with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]