Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 04-16-2024, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

They aren't xping,they are camping fedhars for a wurm lord shawl. The necro camp is like 8 mobs every half hr, any race can do it and have downtime.
It can be done at 57, and I guess they could be doing it for xp. It is not a great xp camp
Old 04-16-2024, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you charm 50-60 for xp, no idea what they're doing in skyshrine but it aint getting good XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They aren't xping,they are camping fedhars for a wurm lord shawl. The necro camp is like 8 mobs every half hr, any race can do it and have downtime.
It can be done at 57, and I guess they could be doing it for xp. It is not a great xp camp
Yeah, this. They are doing it for shawl and since they are gonna kill so many xp mobs they figure may as well do it before 60 instead of after so the xp is contributing to something.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Fair. I wouldn't want to play a necro at 60 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Sinnycool on youtube does a lvl 60 dark elf necro. You can watch some of the vids to see how lich effects him at 60. I played a human necro to 53. In my experience you don't *have* to go iksar but any time I had lich going I had to get bond of death on something to counter act it as I would get down to 50% hp moderately quick. However, if you're in it for the long haul, there are regeneration items that a necro can wear. You have a Zheart (+5) the coldain ring #10 (+10) and there are 3 items with the effect 'aura of battle' that each have +2 regen and each stacks. Iksar regen is only about +11 over a non iksar so the coldain ring alone would get u nearly iksar regen.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of streamers on youtube doing entire playthroughs. Not one iksar necro. I've seen human, de, and erudite though. Just saying. For being "the best" it's strange. Make whatever looks good to you. You will have to stare at it for a long time.
These forumquest min/maxers really ruin the godamn game for talking about a .01% (oh my god please don't give me the actual percent you hopeless bastards) advantage that ultimately means nothing.

Play the race you like. Make sure your AGI is at least 75. That's it. That's the game.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:06 AM
Aviak

The people saying iksar regen isn’t very noticeable until 51+ are out of touch lol ! I started as an erudite necromancer and rerolled as an iksar at level 44, not to min max, but because I had a huge hiatus and wanted to start over fresh and I legit didn’t even lose hp on my iksar necro from using lich until I was level 30+. On my erudite I had to watch my hp carefully from level 8 and onward ��. Also one thing people forget is how much hp you can regenerate as an iksar while running across zones. I will legit lich down to like 30% while traveling and then click it off and usually have full hp / mana by the time I get to my final destination ��

Edit you don’t have to play an iksar though, I just thought it was crazy to imply the regen isn’t noticeable at low level �� like a human necromancer is still going to be more powerful than 95% of classes ��

People talking about fashion quest tho and like, I don’t even care what my armor looks like on necro since I’m always a skeleton and being KOS doesn’t matter because of skeleton form making you neutral most places

The only real race for necro is skeleton ��
Last edited by Wakanda; 07-14-2024 at 04:15 AM..